cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV app on Sony/Android tvs

I was just in John Lewis looking for a new smart TV and was originally looking for either a Samsung or LG TV as they have the now TV app. However the salesman was telling me I should go for a Sony TV as that is getting the now TV app in September. I can't see any info a out this so I am wondering if he was just telling me this to sell a TV. Has anyone heard this too or can someone from now TV confirm if it is true or not?

33 REPLIES 33
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Don't recall saying I bought  a tv, let alone how much I paid for it! 

RoyB
Legend

I don’t reckon the sales staff in Curry’s would even talk to you, let alone give away “trade secrets”, unless they thought a sale was in the offing 😝

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Your posts are based on alot of assumptions. Very unhelpful and, quite frankly, I doubt very much wether anyone could care less about your opinions. 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

You’d be well wrong there, then 😜

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Maybe just stick to the facts and what you know to be true eh
RoyB
Legend

If you are going to sock puppet, learn to cover your tracks better 🤡

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @dr_necessitor @Anonymous User 

Didn't happen, did it? Let’s see how the next “salesman’s assurance” pans out in the next few days....

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Show me where I said it would!
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Don’t worry, I know you were rightly sceptical!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello there

Sorry to resurrect this, but what's the actual problem with getting a native Now TV app for Sony Android TV's? 

I've been scanning forums this evening, and it appears that this has been going on since 2017. As I understand it, Samsung and LG Android TV's support it, but for some reason, Sony TV's cannot?  I don't quite understand why this would be when they're all fundamentally using the same O/S? What am I missing here? 

Having just checked the NowTV support pages, it tells me quite clearly that they offer an Android app, and simply direct you to download it from the Play store. 

Many thanks for a techie answer!