cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV app on Roku Express

The Now TV app has stopped working on the Roku Express. I have removed and reinstalled the Now TV app several times, even rebooting the Roku Express between removing and reinstalling, but all I get is the green spinning circle of doom. Does anyone know of a fix?

8 REPLIES 8
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

You could turn off your router for a moments.

As a worse case set the stick back to factory settings. 

Report the fault via live chat, by clicking "chat online".

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm afraid that switching off the router or resetting the Roku box makes no difference, there is still no homepage and a spinning circle. Every other streaming app (Netflix, BBC iPlayer, All4, BT Sport, etc.) is working correctly, it looks like the fault is with NOW TV app.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Did you set it back to factory settings?

https://support.roku.com/article/208757008

As this is completely different than a reset by switching the device off and on.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 

Yes, but no dice. Same spinning circle on a blank screen. I've tried contacting help but got cut off midway through the online chat without having resolved anything.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Certainly sounds like a fault with the app! Sorry to hear you got cut off. 

At least you have done all the "troubleshooting" so you can tick off their boxes.

You can send an email to customer support, address in the below picture. But keep trying with live chat.

Now TV customer service.jpeg

yt
Advocate

I've had the same problem on my roku streaming stick 4k for the last 10 or so days. Same problem on an old now tv smart box too.

The only workaround is to press * on the remote then select tv guide to switch to a live channel or select search and type in the name of the show or movie you want to watch. 

The issue is with the Home screen.

My app version is 6.5 build 8.

DaiB
Mentor

@Fairweather 

I've had the problem since December 20th, work around as mentioned above but no browsing, 3 hours of excruciating chat no solution. Hard factory resets, uninstalls everything, still no fix. All other apps work just the Now app. 

When I eventually got someone to listen and much calling out on social media it was passed to Tech, still waiting for a solution. Will update if/when I get a response as communication from customer services is abysmal,

Request for a refund as your not getting the service your paying for, 

RoyB
Legend

I’ve just tried Now on my Roku Express 4K and my Roku Streaming Stick, also 4K, each of which is on a different 4K TV in the house.

Both worked perfectly, from my simply selecting a movie on the Home screen and starting it playing.

No issues at all.

Which may be scant comfort to those with issues doing this, and does not cause me to doubt that this is happening for you, but does demonstrate that it is not a generic problem with Now on Roku, and there must be some other factor(s) involved.

e.g. me having Boost perhaps? Being on BT broadband rather than Now broadband?

I can’t think offhand of any other Now or broadband difference that might explain this, but perhaps you can?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.