cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV app on LG TV “Sorry there was an error in the player”

Hi. App was previously working but recently we’ve been unable to watch anything through NOWTV app on LG TV: I’ve signed out of account, rebooted TV and router multiple

times, reinstalled the app.

Just keep getting the “Sorry there was an error in the player” message. Please help! Thanks.

• LG
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Saint1976
Elite 3

So I have an lg TV and the app is working fine which I know doesn't help but there are some quirks I've had with the TV itself over the years that has affected apps particularly after updates.

1. Double check your location - settings>general>location. If the field is blank, enter the first part of your postcode and press enter. It will ask you to retune the TV.

2. Untick and then retick the end user agreement. It may sign you out of app accounts when doing this.

3. If you have an LG account on the TV, sign out.

4. If you are using a ethernet cable, check in settings that it is working and hasn't set itself to WiFi only. Check that IP is set to 'automatic'.

5. Free up some memory by going to the web browser, settings and 'delete history'.

Failing all of these, the only other thing which someone has said worked for them is to do a factory reset.

View solution in original post

41 REPLIES 41
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had the same problem for the last few weeks, I switched the TV on this morning got a message software update available which I did. Now TV works perfectly once again.

Try updating your software.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No sign of any update on my LG webOS TV as yet.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Nor mine as yet, but the Factory reset sorted it a few weeks back and has been fine since on both TVs.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've been having the same issue with my LG smart TV past few days there must be a software issue on an update.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Anybody tried a full factory reset on the LG television itself? 

I know a factory reset is a bit of a pain and you lose all your settings and account logins etc where you need to setup the TV from scratch again . but this is what I would try myself if I owned an LG television

As anybody tried it already? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Second time this error message has happened previous time about two weeks ago I tried most of the recommendations on this forum, finally i did a factory reset on the LG TV (2019 smart 43 inch) this is a pain but it did work. Yesterday 22/07/20 same thing again!! Very annoying. At home, NOW TV works fine on all other devices, another Sony TV, Kindle and phone. All other apps iPlayer, Netflix etc working fine on the LG. Guess I'm going to have to factory reset the LG TV again or cast to it from my phone.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi All,

Had this same problem with my LG TV. Reset the TV - All OK. Not a factory reset but a simple reset. Not too much of a pain as the TV is only used as a monitor.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Reset to factory settings forced a NowTV app update. Fixed it for me, took 10 minutes.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m getting exactly same message on Samsung 2017 Smart TV . The app has always worked perfect but recently will not allow playback with the error message “Sorry, there was an error in the player”.

I have tried multiple times to delete the app and reload but no success. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Was working fine (since switching to Now TV broadband) up untill TVs updated to LG version 5.20.03 as of yesterday.

Opens, browses programs but on playing has the famiier "Sorry..." will try reinstalling the NTV App (too much faff to reset both TVs and from previous experience, does not help).

*Did also try leaving one of the TVs unplugged for 15 minutes to clear cache. All other Apps work just fine.