cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mentor

Re: Now TV app on LG TV “Sorry there was an error in the player”

Thanks. I did factory reset and it’s now working.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

Factory reset seems to have done the trick - thanks so much! 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Thanks very much for your help. Works perfectly now after resetting LG tv.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Well I’ve tried all tricks suggested and still no joy. I can get the TV guide up which is live with current time and programming but every time that I try to select a program to watch the message of “ error with the player “ comes up. The Now tv help website is useless so I will now be cancelling my tv pass

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

I have an LG tv and also have been experiencing the same problems with the now tv app, I have tried everything the solve this problem, then today I read on here about deleting your browser history on your tv, well since I have done this the problem seems to have been resolved, I will give it a few days I let everyone know whether this has really worked.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

well that didn’t last long, problem still exists, looks like only thing left to do, a factory reset, wish me luck ! 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

LG took my TV away to test it, they loaned me a newer one of the same model, most of the problems disappeared.

It would appear that the set I own is the problem and these have been sorted out on later versions.

Told by the supplier- tough buy a later even though my set is still under warranty.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Second time this error message has happened previous time about two weeks ago I tried most of the recommendations on this forum, finally i did a factory reset on the LG TV (2019 smart 43 inch) this is a pain but it did work. Yesterday 22/07/20 same thing again!! Very annoying. At home, NOW TV works fine on all other devices, another Sony TV, Kindle and phone. All other apps iPlayer, Netflix etc working fine on the LG. Guess I'm going to have to factory reset the LG TV again or cast to it from my phone.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

This hasn't worked for me. The app is working on other devices just not my tv. It was working fine a couple of days ago. It makes me think now tv is just conning people for money. 🤔

0 Thanks
Highlighted

We have had to factory reset our tv twice so far for it to work. ##-
Please type your reply above this line -##
0 Thanks