cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV app on LG TV “Sorry there was an error in the player”

Hi. App was previously working but recently we’ve been unable to watch anything through NOWTV app on LG TV: I’ve signed out of account, rebooted TV and router multiple

times, reinstalled the app.

Just keep getting the “Sorry there was an error in the player” message. Please help! Thanks.

• LG
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Saint1976
Elite 3

So I have an lg TV and the app is working fine which I know doesn't help but there are some quirks I've had with the TV itself over the years that has affected apps particularly after updates.

1. Double check your location - settings>general>location. If the field is blank, enter the first part of your postcode and press enter. It will ask you to retune the TV.

2. Untick and then retick the end user agreement. It may sign you out of app accounts when doing this.

3. If you have an LG account on the TV, sign out.

4. If you are using a ethernet cable, check in settings that it is working and hasn't set itself to WiFi only. Check that IP is set to 'automatic'.

5. Free up some memory by going to the web browser, settings and 'delete history'.

Failing all of these, the only other thing which someone has said worked for them is to do a factory reset.

View solution in original post

41 REPLIES 41
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Factory reset seems to have done the trick - thanks so much! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks very much for your help. Works perfectly now after resetting LG tv.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have an LG tv and also have been experiencing the same problems with the now tv app, I have tried everything the solve this problem, then today I read on here about deleting your browser history on your tv, well since I have done this the problem seems to have been resolved, I will give it a few days I let everyone know whether this has really worked.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

well that didn’t last long, problem still exists, looks like only thing left to do, a factory reset, wish me luck ! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

LG took my TV away to test it, they loaned me a newer one of the same model, most of the problems disappeared.

It would appear that the set I own is the problem and these have been sorted out on later versions.

Told by the supplier- tough buy a later even though my set is still under warranty.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This hasn't worked for me. The app is working on other devices just not my tv. It was working fine a couple of days ago. It makes me think now tv is just conning people for money. 🤔

Anonymous User
Not applicable
We have had to factory reset our tv twice so far for it to work. ##-
Please type your reply above this line -##
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I seemed to get this after a nowtv app update and i realised after i did a factory reset on the tv the now tv app wanted me to agree to t's and c's, so i reckon its just buggy and was trying to play but the t's and c's stopped it?? there was nothing wrong with my internet as netflix (on the same tv) worked fine

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Spoiler
This has been a problem for me for the past week.

Genuinely considering cancelling my subscription, I've got a now TV stick in my bedroom and the app on my LG TV. Hardly going to pay for something I can't use. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have done all the advised hints , reinstalled app and factory reset the error message only appears during live sports streaming I have to keep reentering app to continue , also is it just my system but when I enter now tv app to watch the first 10-20 seconds the picture badly pixelated. This is the only app that I have issue with I’ve excellent service and use fibre on Ethernet cable all my other devices work fine with now tv , this has only happened in last couple of months , tv just over 18 months old