cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV & Samsung series 6 not working

Hi, we’ve got a Samsung series 6 smart TV model no UE40ES6710 (the white TV’s that came out a few years ago) I think it’s around 8 years old now?

Ive got the nowtv app working on my iphone/iPad but can’t get the app from the Samsung’s App Store (can’t remeber the official name but where all the apps are on the TV!) also I’ve tried using a cable connection & streaming between the iPad & TV but still no joy, we also have the fire stick set up, I’ve downloaded the nowtv app to here but still doesn’t work on the Samsung TV.

Will the Now TV stick solve this issue?

Also as I’ve already got the entertainment pass with my app will I have to close this account and start another, we’ve just cancelled Sky &  would like to get both entertainment & movie passes now, as I’ve already got the entertainment pass do I only need to add the movie pass to the stick or start a new account?

Thanks David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

You have a Samsung older E model (year of manufacture) which is not supported with the NowTV App from your television Apps Store.

I believe the NowTV App is supported from the Samsung Apps Store running the newer Tizen OS starts from the K series (year of manufacture).

Also has you have found out hooking up a HDMI cable or screen mirroring will not work between your iPad and television.

No problems using a NowTV Stick on your older Samsung TV if you have a spare a HDMI port on it to plug in the Stick.

Best price i can find for the Stick, bundled with a one month Cinema, one month Entertainment and one day sports pass is £20 from Asda online.

If you have a B&M Store local to where you live and they have stock, then maybe consider the NowTV 4K Smart Box currently selling for £20 (again with the bundled vouchers on it) which in my opinion is the better of the two devices even though your television is only 1080p.

When you setup the Stick or Box, just use your existing NowTV account details (no need to create a new account) where the vouchers will be automatically applied to your existing account.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

You have a Samsung older E model (year of manufacture) which is not supported with the NowTV App from your television Apps Store.

I believe the NowTV App is supported from the Samsung Apps Store running the newer Tizen OS starts from the K series (year of manufacture).

Also has you have found out hooking up a HDMI cable or screen mirroring will not work between your iPad and television.

No problems using a NowTV Stick on your older Samsung TV if you have a spare a HDMI port on it to plug in the Stick.

Best price i can find for the Stick, bundled with a one month Cinema, one month Entertainment and one day sports pass is £20 from Asda online.

If you have a B&M Store local to where you live and they have stock, then maybe consider the NowTV 4K Smart Box currently selling for £20 (again with the bundled vouchers on it) which in my opinion is the better of the two devices even though your television is only 1080p.

When you setup the Stick or Box, just use your existing NowTV account details (no need to create a new account) where the vouchers will be automatically applied to your existing account.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That’s excellent! Thanks so much for the reply.

Yes I think we’ll go for the 4K stick, best get this we’ll probably upgrade the TV later in the year and put this in our bedroom.

I’ll pass as this info onto SWMBO to cheer her up! She’s a bit gutted about cancelleing Sky!

Thanks again, David

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Here's the Asda and B&M Store links for the best prices i can find at the moment.

https://groceries.asda.com/product/media-streaming-freeview-boxes/now-tv-smart-stick-1-month-entertainment-1-month-cinema-1-day-sport-pass/1000139603870 

https://www.bmstores.co.uk/search?query=NowTV 

Looks like the 4K Smart box also includes a one month kids pass as well which will automatically kick in on your account where you will need to cancel the kids voucher should this pass not be of interest to you.

Also if you have a Chromecast lying around your home, you can hook that up with your television and cast NowTV from your iPhone / iPad to your Samsung TV and saves you buying a Stick or Box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply and the links.

i noticed there’s 2 available, I’m guessing the yellow is the older version but 4K is this one:

https://www.bmstores.co.uk/products/now-tv-smart-box-with-1-month-entertainment-sky-cinema-kids-and-...

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The yellow one is what NowTV call their NowTV Streaming Stick ,more information in this link below, (don't worry about the difference in colour where it's just a colour cosmetic rebrand and there is no difference in specifications between the older style black stick and the newer style stick with the dash of yellow on it).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-a-now-tv-smart-stick 

Where the NowTV 4K Smart Box is a streaming box and not a stick has such.

Please Note, that NowTV doesn't stream at 4K, (other Apps such has Netflix, YouTube, BBC iPlayer does on the 4K box subject to 4K content availability and the additional subscription fees paid on Netflix for 4K streaming).

Where it might be easier having a read of this link below about what the NowTV 4K Smart box is about and what features it offers.

The NowTV 4K Smart Box is a discontinued model and are getting harder to find nowadays (especially for the price £25 or £20).

I have both the NowTV 4K Smart Box and NowTV Stick and i prefer the 4K Box over the Stick (main reasons 1. Box has Ethernet 2. Box has better WiFi antenna 3. Box Runs much cooler 4. Box has auto frame rate adjustment for 24fps,25fps,50fps & 60fps, though the Netflix App is stuck on 60fps where movies used too play back at super smooth 24fps previously 😠 5. Box plays 4K HDR on certain Apps though this is not a big deal when most 4K Smart TV's offer this anyway via their own Apps on the television).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-a-now-tv-box 

Also to throw into the mix, look at the full blown Roku streamers such has Roku Premier or Roku Stick Plus (which i also personally own and is a great streamer).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Great info, thanks again for the reply. I’ll have another look at these tonight in work 👍

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

Sorry for jumping on your post, but I'm having a similar issue. I have the newer Samsung smart TV, series 7, and it supports the now TV app. I'm just having so much trouble with the picture quality. It jumps and says streaming speed 350 then drops to 90. I don't know what this means, but is there a way to fix it please. I have a good broadband connection.

Many thanks