cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Smart Box on LG Smart TV

I would like to be able to watch Sky Sports in HD on my 4K LG Smart TV (LG 43UH661V).  If I sign on to the Now TV App  on the LG Smart TV it does not allow me to purchase a 'Boost', and Now TV Help states that LG Smart TVs with WebOS do not support HD.

Can I bypass the Now TV App in the WebOS 3.0, by linking a Now TV Smart Box to a spare HDMI on the LG Smart TV, signing on to my Now TV account via the Box, activating my 'Sky Sports pass' and purchasing a 'Boost' to playback Now TV in HD on the LG Smart TV via the HDMI?

Is there any reason why this won't work?  If so, I assume that the same principle applies to the Now TV Smart Stick?

• LG
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Also, have you tried a fresh NowTV App download of your LG TV and after installing the new NowTV App switch the TV off on the mains plug for a minute ?

If after doing a logout and log back in on the NowTV App on your television and there is no sign of the Boost Pass then i am baffled because the NowTV Help articles say LG Web OS smart TV's support Boost apart from the 50fps playback.

The help articles don't mention any LG Web OS model numbers that i could see that doesn't support a Boost Pass.

If it was me i would look at an external NowTV box or Stick anyway with the HD Boost Pass purely on the HD 50fps playback alone and based on the information you have given me i would have thought the NowTV Box or Stick would work on your NowTV account with Boost.

If the NowTV Stick or Box doesn't work send it back for a refund.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User  Hi , just to say I have an L G smart TV and Now TV does show the Boost working when you click onto My account.

I also have my Now TV smart box set up to it and this also works as it should  on my  LG TV

So I would expect it should work ok on your set .