cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV (Sky Sports Streams) on OLED 4K TV

Hello guys

The Cricket World Cup is just round the corner and I am considering to buy an LG OLED 4K TV (under promotion). I want to know if anybody is using Now TV on 4K OLED TV, how is the picture quality after upscaling on 4K OLED TV? I know Now TV stream Sky Sports streams are just 720p but on my current Sony 55EX720 it looks excellent. 

Thanks in advance

Cheers!

• LG
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous User  Here are a few pics of Sky Sports Cricket showing on Sony 55XE9005 via NOW TV that I just snapped on my phone...

C197AC09-E9EC-4112-BE5C-03760D807127.jpegF39087FD-336A-476F-BD01-D53C05C41A3A.jpeg298F9D80-7D14-47F4-9D00-3787A943DD0A.jpeg29745377-790B-447F-8624-A9613EED8711.jpeg

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Upscales nicely on a 55” Sony XE90, but (for those who don’t or won’t believe it) fine tuning the TV’s settings can make a big difference.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

Thanks for your reply. 
I would appreciate if you could post a picture with you 4k Oled TV running sky sports..just wana see how it looks like after upscaling and also if possible, kindly advise your suggested TV settings to make the big difference as you suggested. thanks alot. 

@Anonymous User  Here are a few pics of Sky Sports Cricket showing on Sony 55XE9005 via NOW TV that I just snapped on my phone...

C197AC09-E9EC-4112-BE5C-03760D807127.jpegF39087FD-336A-476F-BD01-D53C05C41A3A.jpeg298F9D80-7D14-47F4-9D00-3787A943DD0A.jpeg29745377-790B-447F-8624-A9613EED8711.jpeg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello. Many many thanks. it looks superb. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The only problem with photographs is they can't convey the issue with the inferior 25fps framerate which is a biggie for most people watching the Sky Sports channels via NowTV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@dr_necessitor wrote:

Upscales nicely on a 55” Sony XE90, but (for those who don’t or won’t believe it) fine tuning the TV’s settings can make a big difference.

I've been saying this for so long on many internet fora. It beggars belief that people can pay, in some cases, a small fortune on a brand spanking new tv yet not take the time out to adjust the TV's settings to get the maximum out of it. With a little time and patience you can get your set working much better on NowTV sports content.

@Anonymous User do an online search for the particular model you are looking at (eg. "Sony XE90 review" & "Sony XE90 picture settings") to get information on the best telly for you and some insight into what others see as optimal settings for the particular model. Remember however that all sets, even of the same model number, have their own little inconsistincies (mainly panel differences), so use the settings you find as a guide and then tinker with them until you get YOUR set up just right for your viewing environment.

Hope that helps you with your search.

@Anonymous User  what @Anonymous User  said! In addition, my preference is to set all the TV’s onboard picture processing gimmicks to OFF and just concentrate on fine tuning the other settings. Settings for my Sony XE90 are more or less as per the AVForums review (including the video review):

https://www.avforums.com/review/sony-kd65xe9005-x90e-tv-review.13437

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@dr_necessitor wrote:

@Anonymous User  what @Anonymous User  said! In addition, my preference is to set all the TV’s onboard picture processing gimmicks to OFF and just concentrate on fine tuning the other settings. Settings for my Sony XE90 are more or less as per the AVForums review (including the video review):

Absolutely agree Smiley Happy I'd never recommend leaving any picture processing modes turned on, except possibly any setting for Smooth Motion (different models have different names for it). It can help with 'juddering' on some TVs.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User wrote:

@dr_necessitor wrote:

Absolutely agree Smiley Happy I'd never recommend leaving any picture processing modes turned on, except possibly any setting for Smooth Motion (different models have different names for it). It can help with 'juddering' on some TVs.

Smooth Motion is to 25fps Sky Sports as 4K upscaling is to 720p Sky Sports.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.