cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Sky Sports Out of Sync

Good Day All,

Please could anyone advise if I can fix my NOW TV Sky Sports Live to be in sync? I’ve noticed an event may happen and I may see this on my phone like a goal in a football match but I don’t then see the actual event until two minutes later. I have a Samsung smart TV and use the Now TV app.

If anyone has any tips to get live sports more in sync, that would be great 

Thank you,

Jack

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User you won't get it in sync. All streams are behind terrestrial/satellite broadcasts as they have to be encoded before passing through a number of servers.

You can do a test using BBC 1 terrestrial on your TV and BBC 1 on iPayer on your phone. You'll see they're a minute or 2 apart.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have you tried to clear the data and cache from the app?

https://www.windowsdispatch.com/clear-app-cache-cookies-samsung-smart-tv/

You can also unplug your TV as well as your router for a few minutes.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User you won't get it in sync. All streams are behind terrestrial/satellite broadcasts as they have to be encoded before passing through a number of servers.

You can do a test using BBC 1 terrestrial on your TV and BBC 1 on iPayer on your phone. You'll see they're a minute or 2 apart.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Saint1976 

Ah yes spot on bud. Lord knows what I had read, I must have been under the impression it was the audio out of sync, not the live delay that streaming encounters.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help