cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Problems

I just signed up to NowTV on my laptops so I can legally watch Sky shows.  And yet on my laptop, it won't let me choose a specific episode of Game of Thrones to see (other than a bunch of pre-selected one).  I just want to start with Season 7.  Am I missing something? 

So I thought that maybe the NowTV App on my LG Smart TV would let me watch.  But when I try to log on to my account there, the virtual keyboard doesn't show on screen, and so I can't log on to it.  Again, am  I missing something?

Or does NowTV just suck somewhat?  I'm in a free trial period, and if things don't improve, I'm unlikely to continue.

• LG
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello there,

im not sure why you are having problems with the game of thrones on your laptop. I’ve just been on to my app on my phone though and all 7 seasons and episodes are definitely on there. 

So the only thing I can think of is maybe you’ve got on to the GOT list via a shortcut? If that’s the case, you could try going through the menu screens to find it (as I said, it’s working fine that way on my phone app). 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

THanks.  I click on Entertainment, then Box Sets.  Then I click on a rectangle saying Game of Thrones.  That displays a pop up window saying:

Sky Atlantic
Game of Thrones
7 Seasons 67 Episodes
Season 1 Episode 1

But only the "Season 1 Episode 1" is clickable.  See attached image.

Is there a different menu route I should use?

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for sending in your screen shot. 

Are you able to scroll down when that screen pops up at all?

Thanks

Karl

RoyB
Legend

@Karl-F wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for sending in your screen shot. 

Are you able to scroll down when that screen pops up at all?

Thanks

Karl

Like this.....

Got.png

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The answer is that no - I can't scroll down:  the popup just disappears when I click on the scroll bar, BUT having seen your screenshot I *paged* down, using the Pg Down key and that worked.  Thanks very much!  

So really poor application design, but now I know the workaround, I can live with that.  No all I have to do is to get the App to work on my Samsung Smart TV and I'm golden.

Thans!

Simon

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User wrote:

I just signed up to NowTV on my laptops so I can legally watch Sky shows.  And yet on my laptop, it won't let me choose a specific episode of Game of Thrones to see (other than a bunch of pre-selected one).  I just want to start with Season 7.  Am I missing something? 

So I thought that maybe the NowTV App on my LG Smart TV would let me watch.  But when I try to log on to my account there, the virtual keyboard doesn't show on screen, and so I can't log on to it.  Again, am  I missing something?

Or does NowTV just suck somewhat?  I'm in a free trial period, and if things don't improve, I'm unlikely to continue.

See above for the GOT fix.

On my Samsung TV, when signing in, the screen comes up ‘Email or Username’ and ‘Password’, but with, initially, no virtual keyboard,

However, when I click the OK button (for you, whatever the one in the middle of the arrow buttons might be) the keyboard appears.

And no, NowTV does not suck somewhat. Well, not as much as someone who hasn’t even been able to fire it up yet might think Smiley Tongue

Hopefully, you can now give it a go, both ways. Do let us know how you get on Heart

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.