cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Channels on Youview TV Guide

Hi All,

I have purchased a Youview box from Amazon as I heard that you can now get Now TV channels in the youview TV Guide. My box is on the latest version of software and apps, and is the DT2100 (BT). I am with Now TV for Broadband, not BT.

The channels are not showing. I have signed into Now TV and can get the channels on the app, but not in the guide.

Any ideas?

Many thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

You can only get the channels via the tv guid if you purchase now tv via BT 

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous User
Not applicable

You can only get the channels via the tv guid if you purchase now tv via BT 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Oh okay - thank you - that's a bit annoying...

is there any intention for it to be different? i was hoping to be able to ditch the stick and have just the youview box.. going with a provider like BT or TalkTalk defeats the point of the 'no-contract' idea that Now TV portrays. Now TV in the guide on youview would be a winner!

Also thank you for such a quick response!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m not sure off the reason for it,I personally stick to buying passes from now tv as you can get offers whereas BT is a set price 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

I don't believe there is any plan to integrate NowTV into the tv guide for any provider except via the BT TV system as it would be too close to Sky Q then they currently do via the NowTV Stick. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

Thank you both very much for your help and responses on this 🙂

It's a real shame, as I didn't want to be in any contracts - I have Now TV Broadband on a 1-month contract, and hoped to do the same for TV (the stick isn't the best).

If they did Sky Q on a one-month rolling that'd be great!!

Am really nervous about joining contracts as we're looking to move house, and don't want to have to pay penalties if I move to a non-serviced area 😕

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

There very very few areas of the country that doesn't have BT Broadband 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

True - but quality of service also matters to me as I work in IT and with remote working we are using VOIP etc. all simultaneously - and a property I visited had a maximum download speed of 3mbps via Openreach... meaning my only realistic option was Virgin Media..

But yes, in theory, the likelyhood is that any future properties I view will have BT/Openreach availability.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

You can only get NowTV via the channels in the TV Guide if BT is your ISP, and you are subscribed to BT TV and you subscribe to NowTV via BT TV.

However, you can perfectly well watch NowTV via the NowTV app on any YouView box on any ISP, as long as you have a valid Pass, bought anywhere.

So the only thing you lose is the ability to record those channels.

You don’t even have to forgo the NowTV EPG for the Now & Next which is all you get on the app; you can download the BT TV app on your tablet or smartphone (anyone can; you don’t have to have anything else to do with BT) and see the channels in the full day-by-day one week forward and one week back EPG in the app, To find out what is on, or what has been on.

And you can pair the app with your YouView box, so you can schedule recordings of upcoming Freeview programmes and series, even if you are miles away from your box. Or just if someone else is watching it, and you don’t want to disturb them.

Even NowTV subscribers without a YouView box can benefit from the full EPG the BT TV app gives you.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi there.

can you help me.

im looking for the on demand on my youview box.

got the two day menu.

looking for fox on demand and what channels will play on demand.

thank you,