cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Box (v2??)4200SK not working

Hi all,

I have just acquired a pair of now TV boxes I believe that are version 2 the 4200sk a version.

They have both been in a cupboard for over two years

Both of them when I've connected to the Internet show the old now TV pink logo and then stop working.

I guess they need the new software that came over the air a while ago.

is that a way of forcing it to do anything??

I've tried pressing reset.. pressing and holding reset, powering off and all the usual but it just goes round the cycle of old now TV logo.... let's get you going..... and then off

any help greatly appreciated

14 REPLIES 14
nst
Elite

@Anonymous User 

I admire your "repair shop" mentality here...

But really... the box cost all of about £15 from new AND even if you got the thing to actually boot up... you'd be left with something that was glacially slow..... no recent software or firmware updates and also more importantly the NOW app that you find on that box is woefully outdated and probably not even supported anymore.

Get a £20 fire stick lite and move on 🙂 

... on the plus side you have inspired me to dig out the 2 old NOWTv boxes i have in a drawer and take them to the recycle centre.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So... 

Been declared worthy of the bin. 

Only downside of being ecological and taking to be recycled is I drive a van and they don't alow them on site or me to just carry them in. 

Bin for them then 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @nst 

Make sure you Factory Reset them first. A bad actor may succeed in getting them going where you have failed, glean some account details, and snaffle memberships in your/ your father in law’s name, unless he has already set a Payment PIN on his account.

Actually, do both things.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
nst
Elite

I dont think you need to worry about Danny Dyer.

RoyB
Legend

@nst 

But I do, I always think his surname is spelt wrong 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.