cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Boost on the app

Just paid for a Now TV Boost on the app as like many of you I was fed up with the stream quality of the football particularly when the ball moves across the tv at high speeds. 

Having bought the app I can’t see any noticeable improvements. Is there any way to check whether the boost pass has been applied? Is there anything I need to do in order to activate the pass?

So far I’ve reloaded the app and reinstalled it to no avail. 

Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Perhaps sign out of the App, then switch the power off at the mains outlet on your television for a minute, then restart the television and sign back into the NowTV App and watch something on either PL or Main Event to see if the streaming figure reaches 7800.

Also i am assuming you have an internet connection speed of 12Mbps to take advantage of the Boost Pass ?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am assuming you are using a Samsung Smart TV with the inbuilt NowTV App on the television ?

To see if your Boost Pass has started go into the NowTV App and under My Account it should show the Boost Pass is activated (also double check under My Account > Passes & Vouchers whilst logged in on here).

Also if you go into the NowTV App TV Guide it should show HD at the end of the channel list names.

I believe with the Samsung Smart TV's if you are watching something that is Boost Pass supported and press the information button on the remote it should show a streaming figure on screen of approx 7800.

All the Sky Sports Channels are 1080p HD with the Boost Pass where Sky Sports Main Event & Sky Sports Premier League have had the frame rate upgraded to 50fps which should provide a noticeable improvement (well it is to my eyes on my Panasonic Television with all the process settings switched off).

If you have the Boost Pass and you still don't see a picture improvement on both Premier League or Main Event channels then go into your television picture menu and play around with its motion settings to see if it makes any difference.

Also have a read of these two help articles.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-tv-boost 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-highest-streaming-quality-for-my-device 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps, thanks for your reply! 

You’re correct I’m using the inbuilt Now TV app on the TV. I’ve taken a look at settings and can see that the pass is listed as ‘Active’ there. It’s also the same under my account within a web browser.

It’s interesting that you say I should see a stream quality figure of around 7800... I’m seeing a figure of 4830, which is the same number I saw prior to upgrading to the boost pass.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Perhaps sign out of the App, then switch the power off at the mains outlet on your television for a minute, then restart the television and sign back into the NowTV App and watch something on either PL or Main Event to see if the streaming figure reaches 7800.

Also i am assuming you have an internet connection speed of 12Mbps to take advantage of the Boost Pass ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps I wish I would have just tried what you said below in the first place rather than trying to get in touch with their advisors over live chat... that’s 45 minutes I won’t be getting back!

Your solution seems to have worked though, well at least my stream quality is now at 7831 anyway. It’s a bit difficult for me to test now that the football has finished.

And yes I have a 200Mbps connection.