cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Boost - LG TV's

Anyone have any idea why 50fps is not currently available on LG TV's when streaming HD with new Boost option? Is this planned for the future? 

• LG
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm in the same boat, very annoying as watching football is so blurry in motion, had a buy a now tv box to try, hopefully LG/NOW Tv will fix the fps option at some point

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes this needs fixing asap.

Paid for the boost to find it don't work on my LG OLED.

Is it even going to be fixed ?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

Considering Now TV was only on LG TVs at launch, I am personally very surprised to see that LG TVs were missing from the 50fps for the boost. 

That being said, those using Apple TV are even worse off as they are not even able to get an updated app never mind the Boost pass. 

My guess is that the 50fps is still a work in progress (no idea why considering BT Sport on Samsung is just perfect) and all channels will be enhanced to 50fps, probably then it will fully launch on LG TVs. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Seems to me like a major reshuffle needed at nowtv. No updated app for apple TV and ongoing problem with no support for LG TVs.  

Kumnaa
Scholar

Not only that, NowTV are slowly rolling out HD streams at extra cost while their competitors are streaming at 4k.

As an LG TV owner I look forward to when football matches are on BT Sport and even Amazon now, even with most BT matches in HD not 4k 🙁

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Kumnaa 

What is most frustrating (not that I use sports often) is that Sky do not charge extra for HD sports, its just part of the price!

Same with the movies, it is the other channels they grab an extra £5 for HD. 

Either way, the fps needs to be added for all sports channels on all devices. BT sport on my Samsung is just perfect, 1080p and 50fps as default, all I need to pay is £15 a month via my EE account and I can cancel whenever I want. 

That being said BT are now doing a monthly pass at £25 and this will work the same way as EE, no contract just pay for the month you want to have it. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help