cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV App on Android TV / Google TV

Now an app exists for Sony TV's running Android TV 7 or greater can we expect this to expand to other Android TV devices like the new Google TV or Nvidia Shield?

43 REPLIES 43
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User and others

You might want to consider the hypothesis that Sony paid Now to put the Now app on their Android TVs, and Sony have zero interest in every other manufacturer of Android TV devices piggy-backing on Sony’s efforts for free?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Fair enough, I won't buy Sony TVs as they refuse to tell me how much memory
they have in the TVs (it's proprietary according to them).

But for me and the others that were asking about Andriod TV will then not
be able to use NOW.

It's very odd though Andriod to Andriod TV seems like a nothing build to
me...

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Sony did publish those memory figures, but then didn’t say how much of it they themselves use (a lot!) so the figures were useless, and in fact even misleading, for customers.

But you are probably better off out of it with Sony; their User Community tales of woe make this Community a haven of peace by comparison.

The main difference in Android TV apps over Android apps is that the UI is optimised for somebody ten feet away with a remote control, and not a couple of feet away with keyboard or touchscreen.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still no official app for chromecast with Google tv