cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV App on Android TV / Google TV

Now an app exists for Sony TV's running Android TV 7 or greater can we expect this to expand to other Android TV devices like the new Google TV or Nvidia Shield?

43 REPLIES 43
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

One can only assume that if Now TV is working as expected on Sony Android TV then no doubt the other devices that use Android TV will follow suit.

That exact question has been asked to Now TV staff.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Ceejay_London
Scholar

I would not be surprised if the launch of this app is because of the launch of the new Google Chromecast with Google TV: https://store.google.com/product/chromecast_google_tv

The timing is too much of a coincidence!

However I am more than glad that I can now get Now TV natively on my Sony Bravia running Android TV 8!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I read that it's in the Google Play Store but only shows up for Sony devices, not Now TV devices.

How can we ask someone at Now TV and not just the chat support who don't seem to be able to help with this sort of question?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

The launch has only been for Sony Android TV. 

Now TV often keep releases like this quiet until launch. 

You can guarantee that some point and probably soon we’ll see Now TV on all Android TVs. The launching on Sony Android TV has been years overdue, but better late than never!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Trials Manager seems to suggest the long term goal is more Android TV devices. Let's hope that isn't as long term as it took them to do Sony or release the still not updated Apple TV app.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

When can we expect NowTV for Google TV? I really want to ditch my Apple TV and move to Android. I just need NowTV before making the move. Thanks

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Considering Now TV kept the Sony Andriod TV testing and launch under wraps I wouldn't be surprised if other Andriod TV devices followed suit. 

Ideally I would also like Now TV to be on Amazon TV sticks as I prefer Amazon over Roku. Whilst I understand Amazon runs on a similar type of Andriod to Sony etc. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's a shame that it's in the store, can be downloaded to the device but when launching it says it's not compatible. It's like it's restricted to Sony

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ideally we won't just get a working app, but a fully integrated app with Google TV in the same way that netflix, Amazon prime and Disney+ are integrated.

I would be much more inclined to have monthly passes more often if I saw content suggested on the Google TV interface.