cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV App has Broken Sony TV

So the Update of the Now TV app on the 3rd of February 2022 has stopped other apps being displayed in the Quick Favourites, Moreover it has stopped you being able to access any of your HDMI inputs using the Input/Quick access button.

Uninstalling the app sets your TV back to normal and fully functional again.

I hope Now TV are aware of this and working on a fix that will be delivered in a few days rather than having to wait another 12 months for an update.

Sony AG9

3 REPLIES 3
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Well my Sony TV isn’t having any of those issues that you described with NOW. Although I have noticed that it crashes when I’m finished with an episode and going back to the homepage of NOW. 

That being said I’ve not bothered to report it! 

If your having issues with the TV I would suggest setting it back to factory settings and testing it out with the NOW app.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep I've done a Factory Restore, that's how I know it's the Now TV app. It's happened to a few of us on the Sony forums.

My TV is running Android 9 yours may be a later edition.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Fairly certain that mines is also a Android 9 version for the software.

Have finally reported the fault I’m facing with the app. Perhaps you should do the same, you will find the email address for customer support in my signature below. 

Definitely think there is a bug in the app since there is multiple issues surrounding Sony Android 9 TVs.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help