cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now Sky Sports on BT Youview (Ch 442)

Spoiler
For the last week or two I get about 5-7 minutes of a football match before the box gives up and black screens. A simple change of channel gets my content back for another 5-7 minutes. I’m now watching through the Smart TV App without the BT Box and all seems well. Any ideas what the issue is? Box is LAN through home plug, I think TV is WiFi…could it be that? Don’t seem to struggle with any other streamed content….
3 REPLIES 3
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Make the connection Ethernet, reboot the TV and router just to make sure.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Because you mentioned a Sky Sports channel number on the BT TV box, then i am assuming you are watching via the BT TV Guide (being a BT TV customer with the NOW bolt on package).

Does the same thing happen, when watching the live NOW Sports stream directly through the NOW App on the BT Box rather than watching directly from the BT TV Guide ?

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

While not recording on the YouView box nor about to, touch the On/Standby button for just over 8 seconds until the box soft reboots.

Does this clear the issue with the box?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.