cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nothing working just a black screen !

Please help!!

since last night my Now TV is just a black screen ! I’m watching via a Samsung smart tv and the broadband is fine as I can still access Netflix on it but when I click on the home button and press now tv the screen just goes black ...!

ive prepaid for a year so it’s not a billing issue 

18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes we the box (blue- sports for 30 days and yellow and red box I think it was gave you free entertainment for 30 days..you subscribe to continue) I now pay monthly but use the now stick in the T.Vs.
It's a technical issue with the T.V but wonder if the now stick plays some role in their issues?
Both T.V. screens are black with red light power display on.
When i use either control red light flashes but doesnt turn green.
No back light.
No volume..makes no difference if I use the remote or manual.
Thanks
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have you tried using another HDMI port in the TV?

When you say the TV isn't coming on, have you tried putting on FreeView?

Try setting the stick back to factory settings. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/hard-factory-reset-now-box-stick

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes tried hdmi port..also took the stick out.

Both TVs are broken...they dont work with or without stick

We cant get into any aspect of the TV

Had power surge protectors on both plugs also.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Worth trying another plug or without the surge protectors?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tried that also but appreciate your information..all good ideas.

Thanks 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can't turn on the T.V to do up date..its not the remote as I used the on off button and replaced batteries..used both remotes for the tv and now stick..neither work to turn it on

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a bush smart TV with netflix built in .I bought now TV stick and it worked for 24 hours fine, then got no sound at all, reinstall and still not working. TV works fine without stick. Put fire stick on TV downstairs and it works perfectly. Is it because TV has Netflix built in?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

No it's nothing to do with the Netflix App already inbuilt into your smart TV.

Because you have tried the stick on your downstairs TV and it works, then this would suggest to me that there is a HDMI conflict between your upstairs Bush TV and the nowtv stick.

You could try a different HDMI port on your Bush TV and make sure you are using the USB power adpator plug that came in the box.

Also check in the Bush TV settings if there are any HDMI option settings such has CEC and experiment with the them to see if it makes any difference.

If still no joy, then the only other thing i could suggest is factory resetting the stick by either going into the stick menu setting under advanced system setting factory reset or when the stick is powered on press the small reset button on the stick for about 6 seconds.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi many thanks for your message, I took the stick back upstairs and tried it again in different HDMI and seems to be working again, and once I get plug adapter will use plug that came with box, really appreciate your help, I spnts £13 holding on line to call helpline yesterday and they told me take back to Argos as they thought it was faulty, got replacement stick and same thing happened today,worked for a while then no sound. Once again thanks so much for your help. Alex36