cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nothing working just a black screen !

Please help!!

since last night my Now TV is just a black screen ! I’m watching via a Samsung smart tv and the broadband is fine as I can still access Netflix on it but when I click on the home button and press now tv the screen just goes black ...!

ive prepaid for a year so it’s not a billing issue 

18 REPLIES 18
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

A few Samsung Smart TV owners have reported a white blank screen issue since a newer nowtv app software version was pushed out on their TV's.

Maybe try some of the work arounds to see if you get the same results with the black screen problem.

Some of the work around mentioned was try pressing the back or exit button on the RC to see if the App appears, instead of clicking on the nowtv app on the homepage maybe try accessing the nowtv App through the App store search engine.

See if deleting and re installing the nowtv App again makes any difference.

Sorry i can't offer more advice because i don't own a Samsung TV, where hopefully other Samsung Smart TV owners will offer you further assistance and guidance.

Out of curisoity what is the model of your Samsung smart TV ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem since yesterday. Any advice gratefully accepted.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am getting the same issue on my Samsung TV.

Smart Hub displays the Now TV App and even the quick links above it some items. If i selec the quick link like the Film 'American Made' it displays a error that the page could not be found. Going back just gives a black screen.

If i just launch the NOW TV App, it just gives a blank screen. I have deleted the app and re installed but same thing happens. Turning off all my packs from  rolling on as no point in paying for services i can't use.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here. Particularly annoying as the previous update made my tv look like a new device for some reason.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I got around it by going to apps and reinstalling the now tv app. It has done it again once since and I’ve managed to reinstall. No help or reason given given by now tv though sadly 😞 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So just been through a bizarre ritual with support.  Go to you support settings on the samsung, look for a samsung software update (I didn't find one, my tv was up to date).  Then try accessing your hub again.  It worked.  Whether this was coincidence not sure. 

He was advising me to go the hub and select nowtv, select tools (I presumed press down), and select reinstall, I didn't have this as Samsung has now decided which apps are compulsory on MY tv and when and how to install them.

Anyway the first paragraph, magic dance, incantation, wfm.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Amazingly going to settings in TV asking for software update and app update (although states all ok) went back to Now tv app and everything worked no black screen.  Don’t know why but a fix so no worries 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We bought an entertainment stick and a sports stick.

We use one upstairs in the bedroom and one downstairs.

Both TVs have completely stopped working!  It happened to my T.V first in the bedroom and 2 weeks later happened to the T.V downstairs.

Bedroom T.V was used very little and is just over a year old.

Both smart T.Vs one Samsung  and one Vaughan.

Tried everything...TVs will not even turn on..no way of doing TV updates and tried turn on and off..doing hdmi ports..everything.

Red light is on so not a power source issue!

Anyone else had the problem? 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Can you explain a bit more. 

This samsung TV, does it have the native NOW app built in?

There is no such thing as an entertainment or sports stick. The TV packages are called memberships. 

Did you purchase a NOW stick with entertainment and sports memberships as a bundle?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help