cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not signing in roku express

Hiya i carnt sign into my now tv on my roku express stick. Tryed updating the app and also cjecking for updates. Everything else is working can watch everything but now tv 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If the Roku Express won't let you sign into the NowTV App and is saying something like invalid username or password.

Then maybe see if your nowtv username (not forum name) instead of entering your email address works.

I would also suggest a full factory reset on the Roku, but involves a bit of faffing around setting up all your accounts again such has Netflix, Amazon, etc etc.

Otherwise see if live chat can offer some further assistance & help.

Link here to live chat.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If the Roku Express won't let you sign into the NowTV App and is saying something like invalid username or password.

Then maybe see if your nowtv username (not forum name) instead of entering your email address works.

I would also suggest a full factory reset on the Roku, but involves a bit of faffing around setting up all your accounts again such has Netflix, Amazon, etc etc.

Otherwise see if live chat can offer some further assistance & help.

Link here to live chat.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks it not even letting me enter any sign in info it doesnt let me even start entering details. It just comes up with a red error message saying tey agian later. Ill try a factory reset 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If the factory reset doesn't make any difference, then this is a long shot see if switching the power off to your router for half hour (if you can go without internet for that period of time).

Sometimes a rouge IP address cause havoc with the NowTV software where it assumes you are not in the UK or ROI.

This mainly occurs when watching your nowtv passes and no shows or movies will play with a red error message saying something like something is gone wrong, i doubt it will work but worth a try if you are still stuck and nobody else offers any furtherf help how to resolve it.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I can see from your post on another similar thread that you had no luck.

It sounds to me that something on your Router might be blocking or effecting the nowtv App (even though other Apps work).

Who is your ISP, what Router are you using and have you got any security software on the router or blocking any websites on it ?

Maybe try a full factory reset on your Router (not soft reboot) and perhaps try temporarily using a smartphone has a wifi hotspot to see if the NowTV App works.

Have you spoken to live chat about the issue to see if they know the answer ?