cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Normal tv

Hi everyone. How do i get normal free view  channels  on my smart tv  through my now tv box xx

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The only NowTV box that offers the Freeview Channels by connecting a TV aerial into the back of the box is the older NowTV Freeview Smart Box with the NowTV Blue logo on the top of the box case like in the picture below.

Do you have this type of NowTV box ?

If not, then you will have to use the inbuilt TV tuner on your television.

now_tv_smart_box_with_remote.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I only moved to now tv in July so I’m assuming that’s a newer box I have. I’ve moved to a flat now and I’ve tried an Ariel in the wall and connected that to the tv but that  doesn’t work. There is no where to put an Ariel or hdmi lead in the box either ? So annoying any other suggestions. Thank you for your help xx

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Can't help sorry in regards with the TV aerial not working from the wall outlet when plugged into the back of your television, where i am assuming that once the television was hooked up to the TV aerial that you went into the TV menu settings and did a rescan of the Freeview channels.

Have you got the NowTV Box with the pink NowTV logo on the top casing of the box or are you using a NowTV stick ?

Where the box should have come with a HDMI cable that you connect between the back of the box and the HDMI input port on your television.

Perhaps follow these linked help guides.

Follow this guide for the Box

https://help.nowtv.com/article/set-up-your-now-tv-box

Follow this guide if you have the Stick.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/set-up-your-now-tv-smart-stick

There are Apps on the box and stick such has BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub etc where it offers live channels and catch up over the internet, but these channels are limited in comparison compared to the Freeview channels you can watch via over the air when using a TV aerial.