cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No subtitles on LG

Hi i just got a new LG tv but there is no way of getting the subtitles on even thougt the settings have them enabled.

How to turn them on ?

• LG
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Pause the programme, and if it has subtitles, you should be able to arrow right to a speech bubble thing and turn them on. Then press Play again, and the programme should continue, now with subtitles,

You can’t control this from the TV remote subtitles button, as you have no doubt found.

You may have to do this with any new programme you watch, except when jumping straight from one episode of a programme to the next.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Pause the programme, and if it has subtitles, you should be able to arrow right to a speech bubble thing and turn them on. Then press Play again, and the programme should continue, now with subtitles,

You can’t control this from the TV remote subtitles button, as you have no doubt found.

You may have to do this with any new programme you watch, except when jumping straight from one episode of a programme to the next.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

althuogh i have button on now.s little box the subtitles show as on and oroage bubble is on nothing appears. any ideas please?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem for me. Subtitles are not working even though I press the caption icon. Help! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem! Can we contact Now TV somehow?! 

Emmak81
Advocate

I have an LG  TV and Now TV dongle stick. The issue I have is no subtitles come up on for example the Amazon app. I have tried to activate them through the dongles settings, but it just comes up with 'default' and no option to add subtitles. So frustrating. Can anyone help? 😊

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Emmak81 

Not sure if this will help for the NOW app.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-i-watch-with-subtitles

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Emmak81 @gavs82008 

I don’t know why you don’t just watch both apps native on your LG TV; what model is it, perhaps a pre-webOS one from before 2016? But we have Now and Prime Video as native apps on our LG TVs.

Nonetheless, I just loaded Prime Video on my Now Stick, which is set for Subtitles Always On, and started Vikings; no immediate subtitles, but then a little box came up and asked if I wanted them, and when I pressed OK on the Now remote, they started.

if you don’t get this box, though, press Pause, and navigate up a little to the speech bubble shown, and select subtitles there. It even offered me a choice of font sizes and styles, though apparently you have to go on the Amazon website to choose those.

So, no central Subtitle control via the Stick Settings, rather individual control via the Prime Video app and the Amazon website.

So try the Pause, choose Subtitles, method in the Prime Video app , and report back if it works OK or not.