cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JonnyB147
Scholar

No auto adjust frame rate on now tv on fire stick

The Fire Stick has now become one stick to rule them all but just one more small detail is that the fire stick won’t auto adjust the frame rate for the now tv app when it’s accessed as it does for every other app. The now tv app works brilliantly on the fire stick by the way. Just fix this issue pretty please. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes hopefully this gets sorted I noticed it last night, switching it to 50hz fixes it. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
N8te
Mentor

Yeah noticed this myself, hopefully something that will be fixed. For now I'll stick with my Roku which does auto adjust for now tv. 

I also couldn't work out how to use the search function on the now tv app. It seems to suggest to press the red button, but of course the fire remote doesn't have one. 

JonnyB147
Scholar

For the red button you just keep the select button pressed for two seconds. I had to figure that out as well. With regards to the auto refresh, there’s always just one flaw that spoils it. It’s not a deal breaker though. I’m getting rid of my Roku stick now. 

N8te
Mentor

There was some judder for me on the live sports channels and the TV was displaying 60hz. I assume manually setting the stick to 50hz would solve this. I will try it later when I get home.

Thanks for the tip regarding the select button, I didn't even think of that. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes hopefully this gets sorted I noticed it last night, switching it to 50hz fixes it. 

JonnyB147
Scholar

That now appears to be the only stumbling block but no biggie but hopefully this gets sorted sooner rather than later. Don’t want to be chopping and changing settings all the time.