cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No TVG guide when opening app on my Samsung Smart TV

For the last few days when I open the Now app on my TV there is no "TV Guide" selected or available. If I want to see what's on then I either need to used the red button>TV Guide, or scroll through everything and find TV Guide at the bottom of the page.

I get that watching linear TV programming is becoming old hat, but why then the constant ads for X programme on Y channel at Z time, if I can't navigate there quickly, or easily?

Is it just me? Do I need to update my app?

9 REPLIES 9
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

NOW have changed the top grid New and Trending grid row, where the TV Guide was the first tile on the row it's either the second or third across and if you highlight the background artwork on the screen should say something along the lines of Live TV.

If you click this tile box it should open the TV Guide has normal.

You are not alone, i would much prefer the TV Guide to be the first tile highlighted box when you open the NoW App (like previously before).

I have reported to NOW i don't like where the TV Live tile box is now positioned and located on the top grid horizontal row.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'll check this out!

Thanks

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

On my Fire Stick NOW App, it's the third tile box in on the top horizontal grid row.

See screen shot below, where currently it shows Gillette Soccer Sat - Live and the new background artwork on the screen says "Watch Live".

Click on this tile box and the normal NOW TV live Guide will then appear on the screen.

IMG_20210918_161419_hdr.jpg

RoyB
Legend

@schnapps @Anonymous User 

That’s dumb.

My expectation on selecting that tile is that I would be taken to whatever channel Jeff Stelling’s beaming face can currently be found on, and I would never expect it to take me to the guide.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @RoyB 

Yeah it's pretty dumb.

On my NOW box and Roku Player the tile box has moved in three from the left, where on the NOW / Roku Players on the inside of the tile box it says clearly "TV Guide" like it did previously before the update , but i am not happy with the position of three tile in on the horizontal row.

I have asked NOW to reposition the TV Guide first on the top grid has it was before the update (don't know if they will listen to my request)

The NOW / Roku Players don't have the additional background art and information on the tile box you click on.

With my Youview box NOW App and Fire Stick there is no mention of TV Guide inside the box and you assume it's direct live feed for the Showcase linear channel going on by looking at the tile box.

With these two devices you get background artwork and more information when you highlight any of the tiles around the home screen UI.

Hopefully NOW will come to their senses and change it for non Roku and NOW branded devices to clearly identify the tile box directs you to the NOW live TV Guide.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Here's a screenshot taken from my Roku Stick Plus, where the third tile box in clearly mentions "TV Guide"  inside the tile, but unfortunately on the Roku / NOW branded players you don't get the new fancy artwork and further information on the background screen about the tile that you have highlighted .

IMG_20210918_184047_hdr.jpg

RoyB
Legend

@schnapps 

Why would a TV guide be ‘New and Trending’ anyway, irregardless of whether it was the first or third such item? 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @RoyB

The TV Guide tile box was always the first tile on the top row and before "New and Trending" it was called "Highlights" and this was the layout for about a year or so since one of the later UI updates.

Agree it makes more sense to have the TV Guide on a different row away from New and Trending NOW content. 

Ideally (for me) *the TV Guide tile box should be the first thing that is highlighted when you open the NOW App home screen or switch on your NOW branded device (like it was before). 

Where I am more old school and watch a lot of Live TV and even when surfing or using the Internet I have Live NOW TV in the back ground (either Sky Sports News or something else on live). 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

On my Samsung TV app the third tile does take me to the guide and it also changes the picture above to "Watch live". It's not at all intuitive and having something that says "TV Guide", or "Live now" without the need to make (what are seemingly) random selections to get what you want would be the best option.

Thanks to everyone who responded - it's not just me 🙂 and it makes no sense