cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChasInOxon
Advocate

No Subtitles on NOWTV APP ON Roku 4k express stick.

Hi, Have new Hisense 4K tv but it does not (cannot have) a NOWTV app, so bought a Roku 4K Express stick which does have it.

Problem:, no subtitles available on any programme when using this stick. No speech bubble icon like on the iPad or Windows apps, both of which happily show subtitles.

Anyone know if this app is due to be upgraded to have subtitles available in the near future?

Currently have to watch on Windows and cast the screen to the TV to see them.

Any other advice welcome.

Thanks

Chas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ChasInOxon
Advocate

Found it. I know the Roku has excellent subtitles it was just the NOW TV app that I could not find them on, but now I have.

You have to PAUSE PLAYBACK and then you see the speech bubble for subtitles, Select and turn on or off and choose Language if necessary.

So simple just not documented as far as I can find.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @ChasInOxon 

My Roku player has definitely got subtitles when watching NOW.

Have you gone into the Roku Settings and forced on Captions.

Then find something on NOW that is subtitles supported with the S symbol icon, then start playing then press pause to bring up the info pop up banner then select the bubble speech icon then make sure English is clicked on.

Out of curiosity what TV show or movie have you tried that is not showing subtitles on your Roku ?

ChasInOxon
Advocate

Found it. I know the Roku has excellent subtitles it was just the NOW TV app that I could not find them on, but now I have.

You have to PAUSE PLAYBACK and then you see the speech bubble for subtitles, Select and turn on or off and choose Language if necessary.

So simple just not documented as far as I can find.