cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No Sound on Now tv app on Sony Bravia

Hi I am suffering with no sound on the Now tv app on my Sony Bravia Oled A9. The programmes are streaming in a jerky fashion. Not a network problem as my speed is currently 120 Mb and it works fine on other devices. The sound is fine on other apps and for the tv. It is fine on my now tv on my iPhone but if I try to cast this to the tv I get the same problems. Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Perhaps the NowTV App is corrupted or broken.

Have you tried deleting the App with a new fresh download from your Sony TV Apps Store.

Also sometimes a reboot of your Router and temporary unplugging the power to your TV may or may not fix it.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Perhaps the NowTV App is corrupted or broken.

Have you tried deleting the App with a new fresh download from your Sony TV Apps Store.

Also sometimes a reboot of your Router and temporary unplugging the power to your TV may or may not fix it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks yes I tried fully deleting the app and then downloading a new version with no improvement. I will try the reset of router and complete re start of my tv. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps 

Happily that has indeed cured it!!!

not sure whether it was the router re start running the complete power down but I have sound and excellent streaming now. Many thanks

Rob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had this prob, to fix it a simple restart of the tv did it! This can be found in Settings/ Device Preferences/About... simples!

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps 

Having what @Anonymous User stated this often happens to me, regardless of the app I am using. Sometimes the sound just doesn't work.

When the TV is restarted like @Anonymous User this cures the very off glitch on what is the Sony Bravia system.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Neither restarting or power cycling the TV or reinstalling the app worked for me. So any other ideas would be welcomed.

thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did you find a resolution as I have the same issue. I am watching just fine through BT box. But not through App on tv. No sound!

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

It might be extreme but have you tried setting the TV back to factory settings? This can squash bugs on the system.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks, I find if I unplug the TV out for more than 30 seconds it seems to
clear the issues.