cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No Sonos audio via Sansung TV

I have a  samsung ue65ju6400kx connected to Sonos (via an optical cable into the playbar) for all TV audio.

This works fine for my old Sky box, Playstation, Netflix, iPlayer (the last two via the Smart TV apps), but I cannot get audio (only getting picture) from any content played via the NowTV smart TV app.

Can anyone help please?

thanks! 🙂

sj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous User wrote:

hi, The sound out of the TV is Audio Out / Optical, connecting directly to Sonos speaker.

does this mean I cannot get audio out of the Sonos when using the Now TV app? What about if I have a phsyical box, will that connect to Sonos sound for output?

thanks

If you are getting audio out of the Sonos when playing content via the Netflix and BBC iPlayer apps that are "built in" to the TV, in principle you should also be getting audio out of the Sonos when playing content via the NOW TV app "built in" to the TV.  SO this could be a bug with the NOW TV app.

If you connect a NOW TV box (or a Roku box) to the TV via HDMI, you will definitely get audio out of the Sonos when playing content via the NOW TV app on the connected box. I know that because that's part of my set up!

(Off topic but hopefully you did set up the Sonos using their app on tablet or smartphone!)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

The NOW TV service uses 2 channel AAC audio, which is output from your TV as a 2 channel PCM stream. When you visit your TV's 'Audio output' options. What output options do you see?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
The sound out of the TV is Audio Out / Optical, connecting directly to Sonos speaker
Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi, The sound out of the TV is Audio Out / Optical, connecting directly to Sonos speaker.

does this mean I cannot get audio out of the Sonos when using the Now TV app? What about if I have a phsyical box, will that connect to Sonos sound for output?

thanks

@Anonymous User wrote:

thanks

If you are getting audio out of the Sonos when playing content via the Netflix and BBC iPlayer apps that are "built in" to the TV, in principle you should also be getting audio out of the Sonos when playing content via the NOW TV app "built in" to the TV.  SO this could be a bug with the NOW TV app.

If you connect a NOW TV box (or a Roku box) to the TV via HDMI, you will definitely get audio out of the Sonos when playing content via the NOW TV app on the connected box. I know that because that's part of my set up!

(Off topic but hopefully you did set up the Sonos using their app on tablet or smartphone!)