cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No Live Channels/Streaming

Took delivery of a new Sony A90J at launch a couple of months ago.

On-demand content is available and works, live channels do not.

The TV's operating system is GoogleTV and the app claims it is a beta version.

I've uninstalled it, reinstalled it, forced stop and cleared cache, cleared data and resigned in, as well as clearing the TV's stored cache and resetting the TV - nothing works.

As soon as you launch a live channel, any live channel, you get approximately two or three seconds of sound and then no more, as well as a frozen picture.

I have cinema, entertainment and boost. I have 67Mbs down and 17Mbs up and never had this issue on my LG C9 with the NowTV app. Nor do I with any other app on the A90J.

15 REPLIES 15
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Bit of a long shot, try unplugging the power to the television for about 2 minutes.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Allo @schnapps 

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I have previously unplugged the TV. I shall of course, try another plug pull today.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Whilst unplugging the power to your television, you may as well try unplugging the power to the Router at the same time.

i doubt this will help, but worth a try.

i don't own a Sony Android / Google TV, but sometimes on my Philips Android Smart TV i need to unplug the power to the television to fix certain Apps on it.

Hopefully a Sony Android TV owner can confirm if they are using a Beta NOW App on their television or confirm the software number of the NOW App that is working for them watching Live NOW channels.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks again @schnapps .

Will try both plug pulls on router and TV shortly and report back.

In between time, I just want to make note of the app version here; 2.19.0

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@gavs82008 

What NOW App version are you using on your Sony Android TV ?

Can you also offer any other advice if running the same software version number of the NOW App ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am also guessing when you use the red button option to access the TV Guide, the same issue happens from the TV Guide tile box in the top left corner of the NOW App my screen page ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps 'Yes' exactly the same I'm afraid - paused screen, sound for a few seconds and then frozen and unresponsive.

I just streamed a film to double check still no issues, The Intern, watched for a few minutes without issue and then tried to back out of it and just got a blank screen.

I had to hit the 'home' button on the TV remote to get back to the main menu.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps @Anonymous User 

This is the TV we got last year. 

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/televisions-projectors-lcd-tvs-android-/kd-55xh8096/specifications

Its system is running on Andriod, so even though we have access to the Google Play store I don't recall the NOW app being on the beta. Last time I used it for live TV it worked just fine, although that was before we got rid of our TV license. 

Normally I found when there was issues I would start the TV by holding the power button and you get the option for "restart". On ocassion I would do the TV method and unplug the router for a bit, this would normally cure the problem. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @gavs82008 

I didn't realise you haven't got a TV licence to watch live TV channels.