cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No Catchup on the NowTv app

I have just realised that tghere is no catchup section in the NowTV app on my smart TV. The differences between the app and the NowTV box seem to be quite a lot, especially the layout.

Is there any reason as such for this?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Just another thought are you trying to find the Recently Added Catchup section under the Entertainment Highlights where NowTV have replaced it with Recently Added instead.

There is a discussion on this linked thread below.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Content-Issues-Missing-Episodes/Catchup-episodes-hard-to-find/td-p/501304

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User there seems to be an intermittent fault with Samsung TVs, sometimes the continue watching disappears and reappears after a few days. 

That being said, the catch up is still there on my Samsung TV. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, but does it have a specific Catchup section like the NowTV box has.

I have the entertainmemnt package, and I couldn't find catchup on the app.

If it is as you say regarding the fault, I may well be better off sticking with the box instead.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Was going to post and ask if you have a Youview box connected to your television by any chance, where the Youview platform doesn't currently support the NowTV Entertainment pass or the NowTV Entertainment content on Catch up.

However you mentioned that you are using a Smart TV with the inbuilt NowTV App on it.

The only Smart TV's that currently support the native inbuilt NowTV App are certain LG and Samsung models where i believe they all support Entertainment with the NowTV Catchup service.

So i was wondering what make and model number Smart TV do you own , then perhaps somebody who owns the same television model number can assist & help you further ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No I don't have a Youview box at all, except an Android box where I know NowTV does not work on mobile devices???

My TV is a Samsung UE48JU6400, which is supported by Now TV.

Thanks

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Looking at the NowTV website help article, then you are absolutely right that the inbuilt NowTV App on the Samsung Smart Tv's model J series should be fully supported including using your NowTV  Entertainment pass on the NowTV Catchup section.

I don't own a Samsung Smart TV so i won't be much help here sorry apart from maybe try to delete the NowTV App and re install it again from the Samsung Apps Store, then maybe power down at the mains electrical outlet both your Samsung TV & Router.

Then re start the Router first give it say 5 minutes, then re start the TV and try signing in back on the NowTV.

Also check if there is any software updates available on your Samsung TV via the television menu settings.

Hopefully other Samsung Smart TV owners on here will offer you some further advice & assistance.

Otherwise see if Live Chat can help you out.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Just another thought are you trying to find the Recently Added Catchup section under the Entertainment Highlights where NowTV have replaced it with Recently Added instead.

There is a discussion on this linked thread below.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Content-Issues-Missing-Episodes/Catchup-episodes-hard-to-find/td-p/501304

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, as I have the entertainment package, that is where I was looking for the Catchup section.

Aah, I didn't realise it was replaced by Recently Added, which I did see in the NowTV app, but on the NowTV box, it was still Catchup earlier today.

Thanks