cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No 5.1 with NowTV for youview.

I have a BT DTRT4000 youview box, I have upgraded to the HD boost with 5.1 and have tried content with 5.1 ( Looking: The Movie on Sky Comedy) however it only comes though to my system as 2.0. 

However if I run Netflix on the same device with 5.1 content it will work as expected. 

I have followed your help and ensured all settings are set to ‘Surround’ in the youview settings but no luck... do you know why this isn’t working?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you have bought the NowTV Boost Pass on the NowTV website or via your online account it can take up to 3 hours to trigger the Boost Pass.

A way around this is once you have purchased the Boost Pass is to sign out and back in again on your playback device (in your case your Youview Box).

Also i am assuming you have gone into the Youview Box NowTV App, under My Account and under the Boost Pass change the setting from Stereo to Surround Sound.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you have bought the NowTV Boost Pass on the NowTV website or via your online account it can take up to 3 hours to trigger the Boost Pass.

A way around this is once you have purchased the Boost Pass is to sign out and back in again on your playback device (in your case your Youview Box).

Also i am assuming you have gone into the Youview Box NowTV App, under My Account and under the Boost Pass change the setting from Stereo to Surround Sound.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That did it! 🙂

I didn’t see the boost setting in the app and it didn’t have that info on the website...

... you’re a legend, thanks!

ken242
Expert

Go go into the NOW TV app go down to the bottom and and you will see my account go into there and you will see see the TV boost and what you see is the TV booster and a few other things when you get to TV boosters got settings just go into there there will be stereo and Sony surrounds choose which one you want.

ken242
Expert

just to let you know the movies might freeze even if you got in someone's around but the catch up and entertainment on demand will be ok you do put it back into stereo the entertainment programs will break up again.

ken242
Expert

Can anyone help I'm getting woken up pictures freezing pictures buffing On Demand programmes on my 4K box the t 4000 but on my t21000 it working ok it just my t4000 box if it's in stereo it breaks up but I went into settings and into TV booster and changed it to Sammy surrounds went back into it played a program that was breaking up up and it was working ok ok I never broke up but the move is still do when it's in Sony surround so I put it back into stereo and the program started breaking up again help me and are they having the same problem please I'm getting fed up with this now I've had it for 4 weeks I reset the box I done a I'm everything I can do all the rest of the apps are working fine on the BT but not a NOW TV app.