cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New device not showing passes

I have just set up my nowtv account on my BT Youview box. Log in perfect, but it’s only showing my movie pass not my entertainment pass. Any idea what’s wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Unfortunately at the moment Youview Boxes (including the BT Box) doesn't support entertainment, kids, sports or Hayu passes via the NowTV App.

Where only on demand movies are available, hence why you can't see any entertainment content on the Youview box.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv

This is going to eventually change in a couple months time (no date confirmed yet), where Sky / NowTV have struck up a cross platform agreement with BT.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Unfortunately at the moment Youview Boxes (including the BT Box) doesn't support entertainment, kids, sports or Hayu passes via the NowTV App.

Where only on demand movies are available, hence why you can't see any entertainment content on the Youview box.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv

This is going to eventually change in a couple months time (no date confirmed yet), where Sky / NowTV have struck up a cross platform agreement with BT.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I spent over an hour on the phone to technical support team at plusnet, as I've recently bought a youview tv set top box which includes the entertainment pass from BT. All was well until I tried to install my NowTv entertainment pass to save me having to watch via my xbox which I'd been previously doing. I spent many frustrating hours trying to watch NowTv but although my sign in detai ls were correct all it would do was offer me a cinema pass to buy. Anyway after going through 3 different departments and a lot of holding I finally got the information I was after , plusnet were not aware of any reason why I couldn't watch my entertainment pass on NowTv . It was the NowTv app at fault and I should contact them. I have spent more frustrating hours trying indeed to speak to someone at NowTv, they never actually say that you can't speak to NowTv they always recommend to you go to a community forum!!!!! I don't want to spend even more frustrating hours in a chat room made up totally of other frustrating customers who haven't been helped either.. Very shoddy customer care , which seemed to be designed to deal with a great deal of complaints by not dealing with them  , indeed it's a great application for NowTv as noone has to go through the trauma of speaking to a huge number of angry and irate customers.  It seems to me as a great strategy for getting customers ( who really want to watch some Sky products but can't really afford Sky) back as it's the only way to get there problem dealt with.  Well it won't work with me , I'll just go back to Amazon prime or Netflix.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

The information from Plusnet was entirely incorrect.

The NowTV App on YouView operates precisely as it was designed to do, Movies only.

There was some arcane restriction, placed on YouView when they were set up, or possibly self-imposed, that they could not carry catchup unless they carried the live channels also, and they were not allowed to carry the live Sky channels.

Quite why the app could carry movies and yet YouView did not need to carry the live movie channels, or why it can’t carry Sport when these are the live channels is something I could never grasp. Nor what has changed now that suddenly makes full NowTV possible, even if it is yet to arrive....

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

So I see this response was 7 months ago, yet, I've just had a BT box delivered and I can only access movies? 

So I have to flit between my NowTV stick and the BT box? Sounds a bit ridiculous!!!

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

I suggest that, for the moment, you ignore the NowTV app on the YouView box, and watch all NowTV material via the Stick, where the Movies are just as available on the Stick as on the YouView box.

When and if full NowTV comes to the YouView boxes, you can perhaps put the Stick on any other TV you might have.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

this is not simply a problem with you view bt boxes the now tv app via xbox one is also the same only allows the movie pass to work ,in the world of on demand and catch up tv  apps across multiple platforms  this makes now tv prehistoric as when contacted they do not have a clue as to what works on what platform and not very forthcoming with this information before buying a product that you think will work with the now tv app installed this is why wont be renewing any passes when expired another lost customer 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

I have just purchased a Sky Sports pass but I can't access it through my new "youview" box on my smart TV as it only shows movies under the content

Could you please confirm if and when I will be able to access Sky Sports through my now tv app on my youview box

Thanks for your support

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

This answer was posted in January 2019 is there any further update?

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

No, we are all still in limbo waiting in vain for NowTV on YouView boxes to offer more than Movies, as has been promised to us,

But rather than sweat it, many of us simply bought a £14.99 Stick instead, often accompanied by bundled Passes that effectively meant NowTV was paying us to take the Stick.