cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New channels crash Apple TV

I was pleased to receive the email informing me of the 3 new channels on my Entertainment Pass.  I connected to my Apple TV v4 to check out the additions.  Disappointingly, there seems to be an issue associated with these changes.  Although the channels are listed I now receive a message when I try to watch them which says “There’s a problem loading this content.”  There is also an “OK” button.  Pressing any button on the remote returns me to the main Apple TV menu.

Currently, I cannot load Sky Comedy, Sky Documentaries, Sky History, Nat Geo and Sky Nature; all have the same error.   Not only can I not see the new programmes but I have also lost two programmes which were previously available (Sky Comedy and Nat Geo).  Have you any suggestions as to why this has happened, and how I may be able to do to correct this issue?

5 REPLIES 5
nst
Elite

I dont know but im assuming the answer to this problem is the same to pretty much ANY problem that occurs on the AppleTV... the *current* app is useless.

I have no doubt that the current app will not be able to handle anything let alone the addition of additional channels on the entertainment pass.

Its unfortunate, as if this were the same question on another platform you'd have a fighting chance to diagnosing it and seeing whats what... but the existing AppleTV app is years old and not been updated in coming up to 5 years - and that is the answer to most faults unfurtunately.

there is light at the and of the tunnel - a new version is forthcoming we just dont know when.  At that point the AppleTV platform should receive functional parity with most the other platforms that NowTV supports.

Mikeh_
Scholar

I have the same issue plus if I click on the live feed for sky witness which still shows as sky living it tells me I don’t have an entertainment pass ? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just reported all this to NOW TV with video clips of what is happening. It was actually added to the complaint I had a few days ago about all the live movie channels not having any info on them and other channels showing up in Live movies section.

They seem to have fixed the movie channel problem, but still when you swipe down a movie it still doesn't have full info just N/A. They kept sending me emails saying they never got my response but they asked me anything to respond to! So I replied with these new issues.

They replied again asking for vids of whats happening and also what version of NOW TV I was using! What????!!!!???? Version 1 from 2015, the only version I can use without joining the beta.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have exactly the same issue - Apple TV 4K with Now TV app.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The fix is on it's way with a complete overhaul of the Apple TV app they are now on Beta 2.