cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New app - select channel?

I have a sports pass but I'm only interested in F1. On the old app (on my Apple TV) I used to go to Sports and then choose the F1 channel. On the new app I don't see channel names just pictures of what's on. Today I watched the Monaco GP and as it finished, there was an advert break. Unusual as we usually see the ceremony and post race interviews. However, after the adverts I found I was watching football! Clearly, the GP was also the Main Event and I'd inadvertently chosen the Main Event channel. It took me a while to find where the post race stuff was and by then I'd missed a big chunk of it.

Is there a way I can select the F1 channel as I used to? I'm on here as two chats with NOW have timed out while the helper sought the answer!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Yeah you managed to select Sky Sports Main Event instead of F1.

If you either open the TV Guide first tile box once you open the NOW App home screen page, then scroll down the Sky Sports channels on the Now & Next TV Sports Guide until you reach Sky Sports F1 and click on it by using your enter button on your remote.

This will then start the live F1 sports channel.

Or alternatively open the NOW App again, scroll down the horizontal grid Rows from the home screen, when you reach the "View Sports live" tile box, then navigate right until you reach the Sky Sports F1 tile box picture and click enter on it to start the F1 Sky Sports live channel.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Yeah you managed to select Sky Sports Main Event instead of F1.

If you either open the TV Guide first tile box once you open the NOW App home screen page, then scroll down the Sky Sports channels on the Now & Next TV Sports Guide until you reach Sky Sports F1 and click on it by using your enter button on your remote.

This will then start the live F1 sports channel.

Or alternatively open the NOW App again, scroll down the horizontal grid Rows from the home screen, when you reach the "View Sports live" tile box, then navigate right until you reach the Sky Sports F1 tile box picture and click enter on it to start the F1 Sky Sports live channel.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Your first suggestion is one I haven't tried. I'll try it and come back to mark this as the correct answer if I can get it!

Your second was what I did but of course it showed an F1 picture for both the Main Event and (I assume) further to the right and off screen the dedicated F1 channel. I selected the first I saw.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Yeah the first channel with the F1 picture in the horizontal tile boxes would have been Sky Sports Main Event.

Where both channels had the Monaco Grand Prix on, then after the race Sky Sports Main Event switched over to Premier League football which would have been correct.

I am sure if you try both instructions on my first post it should get you directly to the dedicated Sky Sports F1 live channel.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The channel names are still not there, only what's on. I can of course tell if it's F1 related but I think I could still watch Main Event if that too was showing F1 - unless I scrolled through all channels to make sure. Which is what I'll have to do.

What a pity they are stopping the old app which worked perfectly.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

On the TV Guide (first tile box when you click on it, on the left hand side on the NOW & Next Guide list it should say Sky Sports F1 on the relevant channel.

When you scroll through the horizontal "View live Sports" on my second suggestion inside the each tile box it should indicate the Sky Sports channel name .

I believe this is the same across the majority of NOW devices including the new Apple TV  NOW App.

If you are not seeing the channel information, then it could be that because you using a new download NOW App it might take 24 to 48 hours to update the channel name information.

Sometimes a reboot on your Router and NOW playback device sometimes refreshes the Sky Sports channel name information more quickly rather than waiting.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

See these two photos taken using the NOW App on my NOW playback devices.

I don't have an Apple TV with regards to the new NOW App but it should look similar to the two photos below.

Sorry about the poor picture quality where they was taken from a cheap tablet with a poor camera on it.

IMG_20210523_180837_hdr.jpg

IMG_20210523_180737_hdr.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That's excellent, thanks. I can see what I think are the Chanel names to the left of the content in the first photo and contained within the picture in the second. I do not have the Chanel names there.

I'll try the reboot and perhaps download the app again.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I updated the app and all the channels appear as you show in those photos. Thanks again - I'm a happy bunny!