cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

New Roku Players Hitting the UK 18th October 2017

According to this Engadget article, Roku will be officially offering to us in the UK two new players from the 18th of October 2017 Smiley Happy

There will be the Roku Streaming Stick + with 4K & HDR at RRP of £80, together with the Roku Express for a RRP of £30 Smiley Happy

Not sure how accurate the article is, if so i might be purchasing a Roku Streaming Stick + to replace my ageing Roku stick Smiley Happy

https://www.engadget.com/2017/10/11/roku-uk-4k-streaming-stick/

265 REPLIES 265
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @4268

Yeah, my Roku Express also works fine over the television usb port.

I read on the net that some Roku Streaming Stick Plus owners reported that their device wouldn't work over usb (insufficient power off their television usb port for the Stick Plus to operate properly).

Suppose I will find out soon enough when my new Roku Stick Plus arrives Smiley Happy

Keeping my Roku Express, which I will use on one of the televisions dotted around the house Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Please it arrived!

I'm just disappointed my TV won't power it via USB!

Look forward to voice software updates in the Autumn.

Enjoy

SS
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User I have the express as I know the remote for the stick won't work with my TV.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

After 30 seconds of the low power screen it then works via USB!

Well happy!😀

SS

Anonymous User
Not applicable
chilli2
Elite
Whod've though it, the Globe streamwatch player is the new Now TV stick
[quote]

Contributor 2
chilli2

Re: New Roku Players Hitting the UK 18th October 2017

Could this be why the standard stick isn't showing any signs of a uk release? globe streamwatch, possibly the next now tv box/stick ?http://techiegadgets.com/telecom/globe/globe-streamwatch-roku-powered-device/

Mentor 4
ukbobboy

@chilli2 @schnapps @Andy @caseyb1993 @commanda6

Hi Chilli

I'm guessing that this new Roku device will never see the light of day in the UK, nor likely to be released in the US either.

This seems to be aimed, another guess, at the central and south American markets.

UK Bob

Contributor 2
chilli2

wouldn't be surprised if it pops up as a now tv stick though.
 [/quote]
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

If anybody is interested, Sainsbury's are currently selling in store the Roku 4K Stick Plus for £50 where most other authorised retailers are selling them for the RRP of £79.99 Smiley Happy

Not a bad price, I was lucky to pick one up for £43 from Sainsbury's during the Christmas Sales Smiley Happy

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Looks like all the major Retailers who sell the Roku Streaming Stick Plus have knocked £20 off the SRP to a current new price of £59.99.

Tesco's have the Roku Stick Plus at £59.99 with 750 club card points (which equates to £7.50 added onto your club card).

Still chuffed with my Roku Stick Plus, especially when I only paid £43 via a Sainsbury's January Sales Price Inco junction with a Sainsbury's voucher coupon for a first time online customer.

Edit ~ Just had check on the Sainsbury's website where they are showing the Roku Stick Plus for £55 Smiley Happy

herojan
Expert

just taken advantage of the current deals and I'm very happy with stick and looking forward to NowTV updating to 1080p later in the year.

A couple of questions:
When the stick analysed the TV capabilities it only listed 60hz and 30hz as options for 4k.

the Amazon video app does not seem to recognise it as a 4k device, so i dont get UHD streaming.

• Roku Streaming Stick+ | S/W 8.1.0 | Now TV app v3.12.132 | Wifi (DHCP)
• Internet - Plusnet Fibre @ 36M

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @herojan

To get the Auto Frame Rate on your Roku Stick Plus, go to settings, system, advanced system settings, advanced display settings, auto adjust display refresh rate.

I have no problems watching 4K content on my Roku Stick Plus, a quick question did you select the 4K UHD version in the Amazon Prime Video App (for example the Grand Tour has two thumbnail folders 1080p and UHD).