cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

New Roku Players Hitting the UK 18th October 2017

According to this Engadget article, Roku will be officially offering to us in the UK two new players from the 18th of October 2017 Smiley Happy

There will be the Roku Streaming Stick + with 4K & HDR at RRP of £80, together with the Roku Express for a RRP of £30 Smiley Happy

Not sure how accurate the article is, if so i might be purchasing a Roku Streaming Stick + to replace my ageing Roku stick Smiley Happy

https://www.engadget.com/2017/10/11/roku-uk-4k-streaming-stick/

265 REPLIES 265
chilli2
Elite

FRom what i can gather, in some of the Roku devices running Roku OS8 you can change the fps in the settings manualy, however i dont think this is available on the express models, only the stick, stick+ and ultra

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@chilli2 wrote:

FRom what i can gather, in some of the Roku devices running Roku OS8 you can change the fps in the settings manualy, however i dont think this is available on the express models, only the stick, stick+ and ultra

Hi @commanda6

Here's an excuse to open up your Roku Streaming Stick + before Christmas, just tell your family members it's for the benefit and good of the NowTV Forum Community Smiley Very Happy

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps wrote:

@chilli2 wrote:

Hi @commanda6

Here's an excuse to open up your Roku Streaming Stick + before Christmas, just tell your family members it's for the benefit and good of the NowTV Forum Community Smiley Very Happy

it's been hidden @schnapps I don't know where it is Smiley Sad

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@commanda6

Yeah my Panasonic TV shows the true video input fps when pressing the info button on the TV remote controller Smiley Happy

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@chilli2 wrote:

thanks for the heads up @chilli2

@schnapps I know you just posted again because a real-time notification popped up in the corner. Smiley Wink

I'm not sure I'll be able to check whether it is dynamically switching because LG TVs with webOS 3 or above don't show you whether you're getting 50 or 60 Hz output , and as I said above, depending on how the dynamic switching is done, your TV might tell you that it's happening in the first place. If @chilli2 is correct, you might have been better off with a streaming stick plus

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I have the streaming stick+ and there is an advanced display settings option in the system menu that allows you to enable Auti-adjust display refresh rate. When this is enable the output is set to the content’s native format. This results in Amazon movies playing at 24fps and iPlayer playing at 25fps. I can’t try Now TV at the moment as I have already made my one change for this month.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi, I have the streaming stick+ and there is an advanced display settings option in the system menu that allows you to enable Auti-adjust display refresh rate. When this is enable the output is set to the content’s native format. This results in Amazon movies playing at 24fps and iPlayer playing at 25fps. I can’t try Now TV at the moment as I have already made my one change for this month.

@Anonymous User from Wednesday you should be able to swap out a device but if you pop on to live chat and ask NowTV for a device swap they would probably give you one because they probably know that new Roku hardware has come out and I know that quite a lot of people use Roku kit to watch NowTV . It's worth a trySmiley Happy

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

How are you finding the Roku Streaming Stick + ?

Whats the new WiFi antenna performance like, have you used any older Roku players in the past, have you tried any 4K HDR content yet ?

Hopefully your early impressions on the Roku player won't spoil @commanda6  Christmas Smiley Very Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, Hard to comment on WiFi performance as I’ve never had any problems with other devices. My only other experience with roku is a Now TV black box and the new stick is much faster when navigating the menus. I don’t currently have a 4K TV but I’m very pleased with the HD picture.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @commanda6

Perhaps when you open you Roku Streaming Stick + sometime over Christmas you can double check if your player is doing the same or is dynamically changing the frame rate like you mentioned on the older Roku players and report back here of your findings.

To be honest on my Projector i only watch movies and entertainment tv shows and the 60fps doesn't bother me.

I don't watch sports or any news with the moving ticker information bar on my projector so i am happy with my Roku purchase Smiley Happy 

It would have been nice if Roku provided the information to customers where on the specification data sheets all they say is video up to 60fps Smiley Sad

I am still annoyed they haven't replied to my email questions (one of my pet hates in life is when people don't reply to a question asked).