cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

New Roku Players Hitting the UK 18th October 2017

According to this Engadget article, Roku will be officially offering to us in the UK two new players from the 18th of October 2017 Smiley Happy

There will be the Roku Streaming Stick + with 4K & HDR at RRP of £80, together with the Roku Express for a RRP of £30 Smiley Happy

Not sure how accurate the article is, if so i might be purchasing a Roku Streaming Stick + to replace my ageing Roku stick Smiley Happy

https://www.engadget.com/2017/10/11/roku-uk-4k-streaming-stick/

265 REPLIES 265
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

Oh wow.  At that price I'm definitely going to get a Roku Express.

Many thanks for the info.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

Awwwwww sweet! I need a new upgrade lol. 👍👍👍👍

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 wrote:

the question is @caseyb1993 , do I need an upgrade. I do use my Roku for Google play movies and TV, crunchyroll and the Netflix stuff that is not in 4K. I think I might have to have a shopping accident and get the streaming stick plus

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@commanda6 wrote:

@caseyb1993 wrote:

the question is @caseyb1993 , do I need an upgrade. I do use my Roku for Google play movies and TV, crunchyroll and the Netflix stuff that is not in 4K. I think I might have to have a shopping accident and get the streaming stick plus

@commanda6 Am I the only one cheaping out for the express version? 😄

I won't part with the purple roku stick though, that can go in another room. 🙂

I use my roku for Netflix, Rakuten TV, Google Play and Viewster mainly but have found a few hidden gems in the channel store though. 🙂

My favourite app was FunimationNow but it kept crashing. 😞

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Here's a comparison table link below between both players if anybody wants to know the differences.

Looks like both players have a quad core processor which is good news especially for the Roku Express (should be pretty snappy navigating around the Roku UI) Smiley Happy

https://image.roku.com/ww/docs/compare-chart-products-en-gb.pdf

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps A snail has more speed than the purple sticks so this will be a nice change. 😉

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993

Yeah, i also liked the previous Roku stick apart from it's sluggish speed (especially loading up the Netflix App).

The new Roku Express is a small set top style box where the remote controller is infra red Smiley Sad

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps wrote:

@caseyb1993

The new Roku Express is a small set top style box where the remote controller is infra red Smiley Sad

@schnapps That doesn't bother me 😉

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993

My guess that some potential customers interested in the Roku Express (due to it's size) will think that they can hide this device behind their TV set like the Roku stick or Fire stick, not realising that the Express version is controlled over IR which requires line of sight Smiley Sad 

Suppose you could use the Roku remote control App on a mobile device, where i am more old school and always prefer a remote controller supplied with my devices rather than using Apps on a phone or tablet Smiley Happy

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps That's true. I'm happy with it though as my TV isnt mounted on the wall so I can just put it onto of my bluray player just in front.

If it doesn't have a HDMI extender, I have a few of them anyway haha. 🙂