cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New Issue - Apple TV

Hello. I have had no issues for a while using NOW TV on my two Apple 4K TV boxes (1st and 2nd gen) but in the last week, it pixelates every now and again and also freezes and shows the loading icon for a couple of seconds and then goes back. This is both on live TV and box sets. I’ve checked my broadband and there’s no issues there. I’ve checked and both boxes are up to date and have been restarted.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

3 REPLIES 3
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Best to direct the question to the massive thread on the very devices your talking about.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Set-top-boxes-Smart-TVs/Update-Now-TV-app-for-apple-TV/td-p/366659/jump-to/first-unread-message

All I can suggest is to delete and reinstall the app.

Or to unplug your router for a few minutes.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Would you be using the Apple TV boxes over wifi or Ethernet ?

If using wifi can you temporary test one of the ATV over Ethernet if practically possible ?

I would also be inclined to temporary test the Apple TV boxes over a wifi hotspot on your phone should you have a smartphone with internet data, just to eliminate a conflict between your ATV NOW App and your Router (i don't own an ATV  box but assuming it can be done).

I would also be tempted has a temporary test to use the Google Public DNS servers on one of the ATV boxes to see if it makes any difference.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi. They are both connected via Ethernet. During this week, I changed the DNS to Cloudflare but it’s made now difference. It’s definitely the NOW TV app as all other apps works fine.