cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New Apple TV App Not Working

Hi 

I recently updated our Apple TV app as the old one is being discontinued.

Now when I try to watch anything all I get is a blue spinning circle and sometimes an error message will follow.  We have a static (UK) IP address and we have had problems watching Now TV on our iPads as it seems to think we are outside the UK.  Using a VPN solves the problem on the iPad but that isn't an option on the Apple TV as far as I know.

I believe the issue is with the identification of the IP address as when I switch to a phone hotspot on the Apple TV I can then watch NOW.  This isn't a long term option though due to the amount of data consumed.

Has anyone who has had similar problems found a solution?  The old version of the app worked fine but I deleted it when updating.

Thank you.

RichardUK

10 REPLIES 10
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sounds to me there is something blocking the new NOW App either on your Router or some sort of conflict on your VPN.

I am not familiar with VPN's is it customisable ?

I would be also tempted to try a temporary test by using the open public Google DNS servers on your Router (if it allows it) to see if the NOW App runs.

Also maybe delete the new NOW App and try a fresh NOW App download on your ATV box just in case it has been corrupted somehow (even if it was working with the wifi hotspot on your smartphone internet data).