cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New Apple TV 4k - "Sorry, Now TV is currently unavailable"

Just bought the new Apple TV 4k, in an attempt to be rid of the wretched Samsung TV apps. So far I've got as far as "Sorry, Now TV is currently unavailable", with a Retry button that does nothing.

I bought the Entertainment package too, but can't watch anything due to this. I refuse to use the Samsung TV app as it constantly crashes or flat out doesn't work. So far, I'm starting to think that it's just an issue with Now TV being a trainwreck.

The only other threads I found suggested removing PiHole, adblock, and something to do with a BT Smart hub. None of these apply to me as it's all on stock settings with a Virgin Hub 3.

What tops it all off is the fact that this very website has a chat button that does not work. Sky have blatantly added a fake chat button just to make you even more angry at the lack of support for their products. 

At this point it would be less frustrating to just buy an iPhone and stream shows from dodgy sites. This is about as calm as I'm capable of being given the ineptitude of the company.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Anyone having the issue, I found from a tip from someone on twitter, uninstall the app and then reinstall today, and that has worked I am now able to use the App again.. I believe NowTV may have fixed the issue in the back end but it takes an uninstall and reinstall to allow the app to connect again..

View solution in original post

50 REPLIES 50
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Try uninstalling the app and reinstalling this has worked for me this morning.. And I am now able to watch on my new Apple TV 4K
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep seems to be working after a reinstall. Good of them to let us all know…(!)

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Anyone having the issue, I found from a tip from someone on twitter, uninstall the app and then reinstall today, and that has worked I am now able to use the App again.. I believe NowTV may have fixed the issue in the back end but it takes an uninstall and reinstall to allow the app to connect again..
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still not working here. Reinstalled several times over several days. Fine on iPad and iPhone but still get the “Sorry, NOW is currently unavailable please try later” message on my new AppleTV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I would maybe then try to factory reset your Apple TV and try setting it up again.. As far as I am aware the app should now work, everyone who that I know including myself since uninstalling and reinstalling the app have been able to log in and use Now App without any issue..
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still no joy.

full factory reset, reinstalled Now.tv same not available error.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Here's another thing that can cause this error message on an Apple TV and other devices using the NOW App.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Set-top-boxes-Smart-TVs/Sorry-NOW-is-currently-unavailable/m-p/564952 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello everyone,

just to resurrect this old post, I was experiencing this issue very recently, obviously not attributed to the app version or new Apple hardware.

my issue was caused by strict DNS on my router, sending DNS to a ‘safe’ family oriented DNS provider.  I changed this back to the Google 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.8.4 and the problem immediately resolved itself.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Try uninstalling the app and reinstalling this has worked for me this morning.. And I am now able to watch on my new Apple TV 4K

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Try uninstalling the app and reinstalling this has worked for me this morning..