cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New Apple TV 4k - "Sorry, Now TV is currently unavailable"

Just bought the new Apple TV 4k, in an attempt to be rid of the wretched Samsung TV apps. So far I've got as far as "Sorry, Now TV is currently unavailable", with a Retry button that does nothing.

I bought the Entertainment package too, but can't watch anything due to this. I refuse to use the Samsung TV app as it constantly crashes or flat out doesn't work. So far, I'm starting to think that it's just an issue with Now TV being a trainwreck.

The only other threads I found suggested removing PiHole, adblock, and something to do with a BT Smart hub. None of these apply to me as it's all on stock settings with a Virgin Hub 3.

What tops it all off is the fact that this very website has a chat button that does not work. Sky have blatantly added a fake chat button just to make you even more angry at the lack of support for their products. 

At this point it would be less frustrating to just buy an iPhone and stream shows from dodgy sites. This is about as calm as I'm capable of being given the ineptitude of the company.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Anyone having the issue, I found from a tip from someone on twitter, uninstall the app and then reinstall today, and that has worked I am now able to use the App again.. I believe NowTV may have fixed the issue in the back end but it takes an uninstall and reinstall to allow the app to connect again..

View solution in original post

50 REPLIES 50
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem for me, ironic as I only upgraded my old Apple TV box as Now was not going to work on it. I have also submitted a complaint online to Now about it, on the plus side it may finally encourage me to ditch Now altogether.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just unboxed/connected by new Apple TV 4K and get the same issue

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem here on new Apple TV 4K arrived today.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

This is the latest tweet reply from NOW over on Twitter (see screen shot below).

youdoodle-2021-05-21T14-21-14Z.jpg

nst
Elite

dont hold your breath.

Ridiculous and embarrassing MISTAKE they have made.

Today, the new 4K boxes arrive and the app they provide needs a tweak.  This should have been done before today... whatever was needed.

How long till this is fixed?

My replacement 4K box will stay in the box till I know this works.

Sadly... these responses from Twitter are always unreliable.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

This has been posted on the NOW Community Red Service banner in the last few minutes.

Screenshot_2021-05-21-15-43-37.png

“So that’s all good then” #W1A

Anonymous User
Not applicable

DO we have an ETA on when this will be fixed, so I that I can decide whether or not to cancel my subscriptions until the app is working?  Its not worth subscribing to all the packages if I cannot use the NowTV App on my new Apple TV 4K to watch them!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same issue. Bought a brand new 4K Apple TV box yesterday predominantly because my 2nd gen app was about to become obsolete !

If this issue persists past the 27th I will not be happy...

nst
Elite

I share everyone’s irritation with this.

Another issue with the AppleTV platform - rubbish half baked app that was never updated to include the bare minimum of 5.1 and now this.

This, on the face of it, seems totally ridiculous and unacceptable and also should surely be easy to fix.

The app, for its faults, should work just the same on the new hardware.  There’s no way that TVOS would require a new version of an existing app to be made to run on the new 4K box - this is a fact of course as all the other apps work fine.  Therefore its something server-side at NOW’s end - something as simple as recognising a new model of hardware… and surely this is just a tweak on a bit of code on a server.

GET ON WITH IT NOWTV…… DO THIS FIX. N*O*W!!!!!!  Many, like myself, now have a new AppleTV as they were available from YESTERDAY and we of course expect the same app to work on it that worked on the old 4K box.  This is not an unreasonable expectation!!!!!

At least, the more complaints they have the more they realise that there are indeed AppleTV customers out there who pay for Now’s service and expect it to work.