cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Netflix on NOWtv app on smart tvs

Dear Friends, Does anyone know if the NOWtv APP has been updated on SMARTtv's to include the NETFLIX option ?

• LG
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

You should be able to download the Netflix app, onto your smart TV, directly from your TV's manufacturer's app store.

You see, Now TV is only hosting the Netflix app in their app store, not directly supporting it, accepting payments for, have any dealings with or acting as a third-party between Netflix and the end-user/customer. 

Hope this helps.

UK Bob

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

You should be able to download the Netflix app, onto your smart TV, directly from your TV's manufacturer's app store.

You see, Now TV is only hosting the Netflix app in their app store, not directly supporting it, accepting payments for, have any dealings with or acting as a third-party between Netflix and the end-user/customer. 

Hope this helps.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks UK Bob. I assume I won't need to set up an account with NETflix to access any purchases then.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi Nigey

You will have to set up an account with Netflix directly then buy their gift cards, which are sold by retail outlets e.g. Tesco, and/or pay them directly by DD or CC.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Bob, sorry for sounding thick but.

I assume that if you have a NOWTV box or stick which allows you to buy a movie or programme from NETFLIX, once you have bought it you can go directly to NETFLIX from the NOWTV box or stick. But what happens with the NOWTV App on your SmartTV? .

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Both NowTV and Netflix have standalone Apps and their business model is streaming their library content by paying them a monthly subscription to watch content on their services.

Netflix or NowTV doesn't offer their customers an option to buy or rent a movie or TV show like Apple TV, Google Play, Amazon and Sky Store etc.

The NowTV App and Netflix App accounts are not linked and are totally separate from each other.

Out of curisoity what is the make and model of your Smart TV ?

Perhaps these help guides may or may not answer your question.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-tv

https://help.nowtv.com/article/watch-netflix-now-tv-box-smart-stick

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Schnapps and thanks for that. The penny has finally dropped. Because I only use my smart tv (LG) to acess Nowtv I forgot that the Nowtv boxes and sticks probably didn't have the Netflix App on them so I see what they mean now. Don't know why but I was expecting to see the Netflix logo when I went into the Nowtv app on my smart TV....hehe!!

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @schnapps

Hi again Nigey

Schnapps is very good at explaining stuff Smiley Happy, glad you're now caught upSmiley Very Happy.

Penny Dropping.gif

Later

UK Bob