cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOWTV APP ON SAMSUNG SMART TV NOT WORKING

Hi all,

I have recently been experiencing issue with the app on my Samsung SMART TV it's only a few months old but whenever I click on the app it launches then immediately closes and continues playing what it was on prior to opening attempt. It's a Samsung 43 inch 4K SMART TV, connected to internet and all up to date software, I've uninstalled and re-installed the NOWTV app a few times - as suggested by another article - but still no improvement and not opening at all! 

HELP!!

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having the exact same problem.  Anyone figure out a fix?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I don't own a Samsung Smart TV, but have you tried unplugging the power to the television for about 2 minutes to see if that clears the fault ? 

ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps  @Anonymous User  @Anonymous User 

Hi Guys

Just a general observation, I also have a Samsung Smart TV, bought in July this year, which had problems with the Now TV app, i.e. Blue screen of death with  "Unknown Page Error", Black screen with  "Sorry, Now TV is currently unavailable", etc.

However, Now TV performed a very recent roll-back which should have cured the app problem, it certainly did mine, so I'm somewhat surprised that Samsung Smart TV users are still having problems.

All I can say is, as of a few minutes ago, i.e. the time it takes me to write and proof read my post, the Now TV app on my TV is working as expected.

UK Bob

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Samsung’s advice was to unplug the set at the mains, hold in the Power button for 15 seconds, wait 2 minutes, and then power it up again.

This worked for us on our affected Samsung set.

Pretty much what @schnapps suggested, as the power button press is just to hasten draining the electrons out of all the circuits, like the two-minute unplug.

So despite the unquestionably crippling disadvantage of not having any Samsung TVs, pretty much on the money here 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
ukbobboy
Legend

@RoyB 

Hi Roy

My Samsung does not have a power button, but waiting two minutes with the plug switched off "is the thing".

UK Bob

Geluk
Expert 2

Are you sure?

Normally on rear on right hand side; my button is multi functional toggle type.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Geluk 

Naw Geluk

Double checked to make sure, both sides of the TV, and there is no power switch of any type.

In fact, I just went through the PDF manual (again), which talks about the power button on the remote, removing the TV power cable from the TV and removing the TV plug from the wall socket, but no off and on switch on the TV.

Anyway, as long as this device works as it should then I'm cool with it.

UK Bob