cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW app not working on Samsung smart tv

I cannot watch anything! The app opens and gives me info about what’s on. But when I select a program (football last night) it just says ‘sorry, there was an error in the player’. What am I supposed to do? Has anyone else had this problem recently? How can you actually get in contact with NOW? Their ‘help’ section hasn’t helped me

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Here's a link below for nowtv live chat or drop them a message.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

I don't own a Samsung Smart TV with the inbuilt nowtv App, but have you tried rebooting both the TV and router by unplugging the power for 30 secs or deleting the NowTV App and re install the App again from your TV's Apps Store.

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a Samsung smart TV but it won't run any channel

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have you tried to delete and reinstall the app?

Have you tried to unplug both the TV and router for a few minutes?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable
The solution for me is to press the ‘back’ button on the remote and the app opens without fail. The app is embedded in the software and cannot be properly deleted. It is only the Now app that has this issue ( for me) everything else works fine.

Paul

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a Samsung Smart TV and recently bought a trial for Now TV, however when I tried to watch anything - like you I could see what was on but couldn't watch.  The message "maximum number of devices" was given, but looking at my account, no devices were registered.  I tried reinstalling the app twice but no change. Then I found that at the very bottom of the Now TV app screen (scroll right down past all of the varieties of programme) there is a "My Account" button.  I found that a random user name was entered there - which must have been set before I bought the TV .  When I changed this to the correct username and password, it said that I could start watching, and it worked!!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you Big Mac,  I had re-installed the Now TV app on my TV, but when the app opened I couldn't find anywhere to sign-in, the first page just offered a 7 day free trial and a close button.  The close button took me to a page of programme reviews, again I couldn't see any way to sign-in.  I followed your advice and scrolled all the way past the programme reviews to the bottom of the page and found My Account.  Finally able to sign-in and start watching.  

Why this is tucked away well out of sight is a mystery!

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

This is just the genreal home page set up for NOW. 

However, it would make more sense having the Login option as soon as you launch the app!

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m convinced the problem lies with Samsung / Now TV app software.  It only loads (on my new TV) if you switch the TV off at the wall, switch it back on and go straight to the Now TV app.  If you’re lucky it will open if not try again.  It is very rare it loads if you go straight to TV services and then try and load. Deleting and reloading app makes no difference after the first load.  

All other apps including Prime, Netflix, iPlayer etc etc always load without problems.  Now TV always loads straight away without issue on iPad and PC.  

This problem has been around for a long time and I don’t know why Samsung don’t realise that this is an issue and put a fix in place.

Frustrated!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi mine is doing exactly the same and now tv is being useless with trying to help me fix it. Is yours working if so how did you fix it? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm getting the same message but only on certain shows.. Wanted to carry on watching Law and Order and got the message. Opted for a different show and it started playing straight away!

Have rebooted router and deleted and reinstalled app - neither has worked... Frustrated now. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The apps are embedded on Samsung so no point trying to delete and reload. This issue has been going on for some time and there doesn’t seem to be a solution other than Samsung and Now TV working on a fix. Once loaded all’s well it’s just hit or miss getting it loaded. What I would say again is if it doesn’t load switch TV off at mains for 30 seconds switch back on and once internet connected go straight to Now TV works 9/10 for me. Once loaded works fine until next time - repeat as above!