cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW app not working on Samsung smart tv

I cannot watch anything! The app opens and gives me info about what’s on. But when I select a program (football last night) it just says ‘sorry, there was an error in the player’. What am I supposed to do? Has anyone else had this problem recently? How can you actually get in contact with NOW? Their ‘help’ section hasn’t helped me

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Here's a link below for nowtv live chat or drop them a message.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

I don't own a Samsung Smart TV with the inbuilt nowtv App, but have you tried rebooting both the TV and router by unplugging the power for 30 secs or deleting the NowTV App and re install the App again from your TV's Apps Store.

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Not much help to you but for whatever reason mine now seems to work 9/10 times having had the same issues as you and many others. I thought there had been a firmware update.
My solution - switch the TV off at the wall power and when you switch back on go straight to the Now app, avoiding tv channels, far from satisfactory but worked for me.
Hope this helps.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Many thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Here’s an update for everyone, I was having the issue for months with the app, it wouldn’t recognise my username or password and I tried everything.

So today I reset my Samsung TV to Factory settings and everything is working, the TV has automatically updated all my apps and now TV is working perfectly. Definitely try it, it’s in the Settings section, Support, then Reset.

Hope it works for you!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If you get a black screen when opening built in Now TV app on Samsung smart tv I found out by accident that by pressing the ‘back’ button on smart remote the app opens every time!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We have been having the same issue as this with the built in app on a Samsung KS. 

The last time, I stumbled upon hitting back and finding the app springing to life, but thought it might have been a fluke. The issue was back today, though saw the post above. The back button worked again!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think there has been a firmware update.  Despite previously having frustrating issues, for the past couple of weeks I have not had a problem loading the Now TV app. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We have been trying to watch a film for hours now.

We get so far and that message pops up. First on live TV. Then on dedicated movie.

It must have stopped 15 or 20 times now.

This happens a lot when we use NowTV.

Our router and service have both been upgraded lately, so this shouldn’t happen.

We never get this with other subscription services. At all.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

...and our TV is LG.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The Now TV app was working fine on my Samsung smart tv. Suddenly, all I'm getting is the revolving logo. The app is working on my phone but I don't watch tv on my phone...

ALL other internet/streaming services are working on the tv. My broadband speed is way in excess of the minimum required and I've turned everything on and off again. Like the logo, I've spent far too long going round in circles in the optimistically-named 'help' centre.

I can see in this forum that there are some decent and helpful people out there. Do any of you have an idea why this should happen suddenly? I had no problem setting it up, and the audio and picture quality have been excellent in the few weeks I've had the account. I have paid for a one-year pass, so my subscription is valid.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just to update: NOW TV help got in touch with me and gave me instructions to resolve this issue.

First I had to ensure that my TV had the latest software update. It updates automatically so this wasn't the issue.

I then had to delete the app on my TV and re-install it. I was reluctant to do this initially because I knew I would need to remember/set up an account with Samsung in order to install an app on the TV. Anyway, I had to jump through those hoops but it is all back to normal now.

I hope that is helpful to any others experiencing similar issues.