cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW app not launching on Roku stick

For the last week the NOW tv app on my Roku has not been launching properly. It opens initially, gets to the main menu screen and then cuts out after 2 seconds and reverts back to the Roku app menu.... I've tried unplugging everything and I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled it - same problem! Help please!?!?

11 REPLIES 11
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

There is a bug on some customers NowTV and Roku devices.

My Roku Stick Plus is also encountering the same bug / glitch in the last few days and to access the NowTV App use the search section on your Stick or if it's voice activated use the voice search button on the remote controller.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I have this issue as well. It appears to only affect the my TV section. You can get round by mashing up or down after launching the app to move up to search section or down to entertainent or cinema etc. It can take a few attempts but if you go down to the individual sections at least you can browse what's on etc, although as soon as you try to go to the my TV section it will crash again. Hope a fix comes out for this soon as is very annoying. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This has happened to me today as well on my Roku 2 and my black NOW TV box, I'm guessing as you posted this a few weeks ago that they are not working on a fix?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So I eventually received an email from NOW with advice which was ridiculous. After recommending switching everything off and on again, including my router - which I had already done... they then suggested I press certain remote buttons about 10 times in quick succession when I launch the app. As predicted it didn't work, so I gave up. Then a few days later it randomly started working again.... 🤷🏼‍♀️

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, I'd like to report this to a technical team, is there an email address you used to contact them?

ALNOW1
Mentor

I know the pressing buttons thing seems mad, but they say about Home button 5x, FF 3, and FR 2.  I have the same problem of MY TV not working on all devices. Could you please provide the button presses they suggested.  I have complained to Roku and NOW, and guy at Roku got back and said not really their responsibility(they are only the manufacturers after all), and NOW are just plain useless.  I am formulating a complaint to the CTO at Sky.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
The problem I had resolved itself, this was without an update to the app,
so looks like the issue relates to the server side rather than on the
device as such. It maybe that I was lucky but it did relate to the MY TV
section so removed off my watch list some programmes via a different
device, especially ones that were no longer available. This didn't help
immediately, so don't know if it has any bearing on that at all but after a
few days I could get in properly.

If you are still having the issues, if while the app is loading you keep
quickly pressing up or down to get on to a different section it should stay
up, but it might take a few tries but should work eventually. Although as
soon as you go over MY TV it will crash again, so figure out if search it
going to the entertainer section will be easier for you and press up or
down as appropriate. It tremendously the last section you were in so
hopefully next time you go in it won't crash, but again don't go to My TV
unless you are testing for a fix and are prepared to go through the effort
to get back in.
ALNOW1
Mentor

Thanks for the response. I have just removed about 60 films from the watchlist, and it has not made any difference, at least so far. I have just updated and reloaded the system and apps.  Maybe it will start working. Thanks for the workaround: I had found it, but a bit annoying as I have just cancelled Sky and was convincing my wife that NOW was an even better interface!  Hopefully it will all start working again: I have complained to everyone I can! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I go to entertainment and when I click on a program to watch (nothing )I bought the entertainment pass today nothing is happening but when I go on me phone everything works on there.and also everything is fine on me iPad I can watch anything on the entertainment pass ...