Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV sign in

Hi

Hoping someone can help me!

Been using NOW on 2 roku boxes, a YouView box and iPad app for a while. I problem. Since last weekend, I just cannot sign in to any of the devices or indeed the NOW Tv website (writing this on my mobile using data connection). Just comes up with the ‘Unable to connect to sign in, please try again later’ every time.

Can bypass it with the iPad if I use mobile data but connected to Wi-fi I have no joy.

I’m with BT and use their Halo 1 whole home Wi-fi system.

Have tried all the reinstallation and rebooting options in all combinations but keep getting the same issue. Also have a similar issue with SkyGo not allowing me access (error 233).

Any thoughts gratefully received!

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

Did you find an answer to this?

Mine stopped working with identical symptoms on 28th May.

Thanks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Agree, mine has been doing the same for the past few days to varying degrees. I have tried switching off and restarting and still doesn’t work today.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Folks,

Well, my service started again, completely out of the blue. No changes in config or other actions at my end. Here's what I'd done before then.

I contacted NowTV, who said that, since I could access the service on my mobile data, it was probably an ISP problem.

I contacted my ISP and some of my neighbours. I live in flats, so all in the same building, same switch gear, etc. My ISP provides fibre service to the whole block. The ISP said that they hadn't done anything and my neighbours on the same ISP confirmed that their NowTV was working. Plus, all my other internet services were working, so seemed a little odd that only NowTV had a problem. My ISP suggested it may be related to IP blocking, since I could access it from other IP addresses (e.g. using mobile data). I have a static IP, so my ISP suggested I ask NowTV if they had blocked/blacklisted my IP, which I did.

NowTV never did answer this question. It may be a complete coincidence, but my service started again a day or so later.

Both NowTV and Hyperoptic (ISP) provided good, prompt support.

Hope this information helps someone.

Cheers, Rob.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So, my NowTV connection has restarted. Having tried all of the options, all it apparently required was a powercut! Once everything rebooted following that, all was good again.

Only thing I can suggest is turning all things off (router, digibox, roku, tv etc) at the same time, leave them a few minutes and then restart.

Hope that helps!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Agree we had a power cut and seems to have stopped now.

Our ONT for the fibre is backed up by battery so assume it was the router.

Just happy it seems to be sorted 😊.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mine started working again without any reboots, etc. and I had already tried the whole reboot, etc. 

That said, my IP address is static. Many people have dynamic IP addresses, meaning that if you turn off your router for a while it is likely to be assigned a new IP address by their ISP when it comes back online. If your IP address is the issue, then turning off your router and waiting a while would help. You will probably be assigned a new IP address and, at that point, your service would start working again. 

Hope this info helps some people.

Cheers, Rob.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for explaining Rob.

makes Perfect sense as we have a dynamic IP.