cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Leighton
Mentor

NOW TV now available on some Google TV devices??

NOW TV now available on some Google TV devices??

Ok so I've just purchased a Google TV device (HD version, £34 from Google store UK) for at my girlfriend's device as got my own at my place and find them pretty good.
I was surprised but please to see that the Sky NOW TV app was available to download directly from the app store (no developer mode/side download etc req)
I downloaded it, signed it, works perfectly, happy days.

Back at my place today and go to download the app to my other device but it doesn't show up when I search for it. My device is the 4k version, totally up to date and connected to standard BT internet with no VPNs set up.

Any idea what's going on here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The app is now available on 4k version as of today! 

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I extracted it from the HD Chromecast.

Chris_V
Mentor

Ah, I see. Thanks 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

mrsockmonkey
Advocate

Now App has shown up in the store on the 4k. Installed and working fine.

Took long enough but at least it's finally available.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes seeing it on the 4K App Store now.

Very happy it’s finally on there.

Doubt we’ll ever get All4 at this point (bar casting) so this is as good as it gets now for the UK services.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The app is now available on 4k version as of today! 

Leighton
Mentor

Excellent news! Downloaded and watching as I type 👍

Hodge
Mentor

Nice result in the end.  Hopefully this thread and emails to the devs went some way to making it happen.  Or it was just a big coincidence 😄 Enjoy everyone, nice being able to have all my apps on one stick instead of 2 now.

Ceejay_London
Scholar

Of course it has been available on Android Sony TVs for years. However it’s so good I can now install on both my Chromecast with Google TVs; it has been on the HD version for some weeks but looks like they realised they had missed adding the 4K device.

Ironically my 4K device is plugged into a Sony TV that already had the app natively and via a Youview box. But the Chromecast is much more responsive and fast to load.

All we need now is 4K content 😜