cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Leighton
Mentor

NOW TV now available on some Google TV devices??

NOW TV now available on some Google TV devices??

Ok so I've just purchased a Google TV device (HD version, £34 from Google store UK) for at my girlfriend's device as got my own at my place and find them pretty good.
I was surprised but please to see that the Sky NOW TV app was available to download directly from the app store (no developer mode/side download etc req)
I downloaded it, signed it, works perfectly, happy days.

Back at my place today and go to download the app to my other device but it doesn't show up when I search for it. My device is the 4k version, totally up to date and connected to standard BT internet with no VPNs set up.

Any idea what's going on here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The app is now available on 4k version as of today! 

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Leighton 

You may be better off asking the question directly to NOW themselves than a customer to customer based Community Forum.

Use the email address in the screenshot below to ask the question.

youdoodle-2020-05-11T14-12-50Z.jpg

Leighton
Mentor

So I emailed the customer support And they were absolutely useless, didn't seem to grasp the problem and suggested I wasn't casting from my device correctly 😂

However having done a bit of digging myself the only difference I can see is that my 4k device is running Android 10 whereas the HD version is running Android 12. So I can only presume the app isn't compatible with the older version.

Apparently Google will be updating the older devices to version 12 in the near future so fingers crossed when that happens the Now TV app will be available. 

redchiz1
Champion 2

To be honest I don't understand what you mean by a "Google TV device?"

Leighton
Mentor

Chromecast 

Ceejay_London
Scholar

They mean the 4K Chromecast with Google TV device. This device hasn't allowed Now TV installation until now, but its recently released HD version does allow Now TV app installation.

The 4K version has Android 12 via a recent update so, as per the HD version, there seems no technical reason why Now shouldn't allow the app to install on the 4K version.

redchiz1
Champion 2

Oh, well that really shouldn't be a problem? Are you able to use the NOW app on the device in question without casting?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No-it’s never been available for this current iteration of the Chromecast (w/Google TV).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The regular 4K -Google TV CC has had its update to Android 12 but Now TV isn’t showing in the store…

Guess it was a pipedream.

Leighton
Mentor

Hey all, here's the image of the Now App on the latest 4k device 🤷🏻‍♂️sorry first time adding pics

My 4k model has also updated and still not getting the app available in the app store

• Now TV on homescreen

Device details

App working