cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV app on LG Smart TV freezes at start of second programme

Since last week, the NOW TV app on my LG Smart TV (UH661V) will only show one programme in a session. When I try to watch a second, it loads then freezes. To watch a second programme I have to switch the TV off then on again and restart the app. It was okay before last week. I've tried powering the set off and on at the mains, instead of just standby (if in doubt, reboot) and uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Any other ideas, please? NOW TV support on chat was useless (as usual). Thank you.

• LG
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes it’s rubbish, laggy and I’m not renewing,
Anonymous User
Not applicable

After nearly a week of denying that there was a known problem and suggesting ridiculous solutions, such as restarting my router, and even blaming it on being with the wrong ISP, they eventually came clean and admitted that other LG users were having the same problem. However, they couldn't (or couldn't be bothered to) fix it so they offered a free Smart Stick as a solution. That's less than ideal as I don't have a spare HDMI port and don't want another remote (I chose an LG TV with integrated NOW TV app specifically to avoid that) but what choice do I have? I was with Sky for 25 years and hated them (they're my most hated brand). Unsurprisingly, NOW are equally as customer-unfriendly, albeit (their only redeeming quality) considerably cheaper.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Also having these crap problems with no solution! Stops mid-program about 45 times! Pain in the bum!b they need to update and fix the app or I will be cancelling.