cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV app not appearing as an option on new Roku Express stick

I currently have 4 NOW TV boxes connected to various TV's and computers.

I know I can only watch two simultaneously.

I subscribe to the entertainment package.

I have just purchased a Roku Express stick.

I have set-up the Roku correctly and I can watch Netflix,  Amazon etc.

NOW TV does not appear as an option.

Do I have to remove one of the connected boxes in order for the Roku stick to stream NOW TV?

If so, how do I register the Roku stick as one of the devices in order for it to stream NOW TV?

If not, what am I doing wrong?

Any advice much appreciated.

9 REPLIES 9
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

On the homescreen of your Roku have a look in the Streaming Channels (Channel Store) under the Featured section and you should see the NOW TV app which you can install from there.

If you've already got four devices registered on your My Account > Manage Devices page

https://account.nowtv.com/device-management

then you'll need to remove one of these first before you can use the NOW TV app on your Roku. This means you'll have to stop using one of your NOW TV boxes for watching NOW TV.

It will register your new Roku automatically the first time you watch something in the NOW TV app.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Andy

Thanks for your reply.

The basic problem seems to be that the NOW TV app does not appear in the Streaming Channels (Channel Store) under the Featured section.

Everything else seems to be there.

I have used the search function to no avail.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Are you in ROI, as I don't believe NOW TV IE support Rokus yet, it's only available in the UK. 

If you are in the UK check you are using a Roku account set up in the UK to log into the Roku during initial setup, and that you're not connecting via a VPN or using any other ways of making it appear as if you're not in the UK (eg unusual proxy server settings). 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am in the UK.

I am not connected via a VPN.

I was not aware that it was an option to set up in the UK.

How do I check to see if this is the case or not?

I simply followed the instructions as on the set up screen.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

No worries, it would only be an issue if you recently moved to the UK and had been using Roku previously in another country. If you've just set things up recently you'll be fine.

If you live in eg Channel Islands, IoM that could cause an issue.

If that's not the case then everything should be fine. I can only suggest trying a factory reset of the box from the Settings > System > Advanced system settings. 

If that doesn't work check your IP address on https://www.iplocation.net to make sure your IP address is showing as UK (if it reports as outside the UK turn off your router for 15 minutes then boot up and try again).

And if all else fails I'd suggest getting in touch with Roku support to find out why you aren't seeing the app.

https://support.roku.com/en-gb/contactus

ukbobboy
Legend

@Andy @Anonymous User

Hi Andy

Reading through this thread it occurs to me that the problem Rao's experiencing could be caused if his Roku stick is a grey import, i.e. made for the US market but imported, under the table, and sold in the UK.

I'm probably wrong but, as I said, it's just a thought.

UK Bob 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Andy

I finally got it sorted.

I reckon it was as a result of setting up my Roku account on Google Chrome.

As you suggested, I reset the stick to factory settings and deleted my Roku account.

I then started again but used Firefox to set up the Roku account.

All the required information was exactly the same as previously.

All the UK based apps are now available.

I will have to investigate the Chrome settings.

Thanks for your help.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User That's great, glad you are sorted. Enjoy!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Brilliant advice, thank you. I'd exactly the same problem but have now sorted it - Cheers!